• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

D. Krakow Auto Repair in 1/87 scale

Started by Junior, November 29, 2010, 01:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacq01

Anders,

put 4 flat area's to the corners of the footing casting where the drillpress can be bolted down.  Underneath you can make a small concrete pad. I am not sure if this is realy needed
  if the floor has been reinforced with extra timbers.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Junior

Thanks Jacques, will definitely look into that!

Anders ;D

TRAINS1941

Anders

Just catching up with this.  Great modeling and the details are just outstanding.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Junior

Thanks Jerry and welcome to the Krakow world!

Anders ;D

Bill Sartore

Quote from: Junior on February 10, 2011, 05:46:11 AM
... welcome to the Krakow world!

Anders ;D

Now THAT'S a scary thought. Is it anything like the Twilight Zone?

Re drill press base - 4 small NBW's (1 at each corner) would replicate it being lagged to the floor. I wonder how a little steel wool might look for some turnings scattered here and there. But since I'm coming so late to this party it might be best if I just keep quiet.

-slim

Junior

Interior is done except for lights, crossbeams, posts and trusses. As soon as the LED´s arrive from New York the beams etc. can be installed. Restroom and small office in the rear also finished (no pics. yet).

Shelf with drawers and radiators by Dave (Vectorcut). Next on to the diorama base that will measure 50 x 40 cm.

Anders ;D

finescalerr

Is it only me or has Anders approached the quality of Chuck's Red Oak Garage ... only in a model whose parts are half the size? -- Russ

Junior

Prototype for the more elaborate Krakow fan that Dallas made - in the rear - could only find room for a D & K probably not visible in this reduced pic. Small Krakow fan in the window.

Junior

Junior

Quote from: Bill Sartore on February 17, 2011, 11:56:45 AM
Quote from: Junior on February 10, 2011, 05:46:11 AM
... welcome to the Krakow world!

Anders ;D

Now THAT'S a scary thought. Is it anything like the Twilight Zone?

Re drill press base - 4 small NBW's (1 at each corner) would replicate it being lagged to the floor. I wonder how a little steel wool might look for some turnings scattered here and there. But since I'm coming so late to this party it might be best if I just keep quiet.

-slim
Hey Bill - there´s my light supplier what a coincidence! Four NBW´s are installed.....thanks anyway. Have to try the steel wool ???

Anders ;D ;D ;D

Frederic Testard

I agree, Russ, with your opinion. To those - and I was one of them - who thought that Chuck's quality required O scale at least and Chuck's hand, there's now an example proving it's possible in smaller scale by someone else.
Frederic Testard

BKLN

Finally.  ;) I was waiting for this update. And it is just beautiful! I was telling Dave Krakow the other day that your models have a wonderful mood. It is very easy to fall into "romantic traps" of wishful thinking, where things are just too cute. But your work is nostalgic without being unrealistic. Wonderful!

Junior

Thanks very much everyone - most appreciated. Here is a pic. for you Dallas and thanks for your inspiration.

Anders ;D

Edit. forgot the measurements: 9 x 9 m.m

Malachi Constant

Quote from: finescalerr on February 17, 2011, 12:13:20 PM
Is it only me or has Anders approached the quality of Chuck's Red Oak Garage ... only in a model whose parts are half the size? -- Russ

Yeah ... not only are all the details beautiful and neatly arranged, but the coloring and mood of all the components just feels right!

Anders -- Copycat!  ;D  Actually, I'm glad to see that those little fans fit so nicely in such a realistic environment.  Beautiful job on putting together those tiny things!  After assembling the 1/700 plane, I think I could even make an HO fan now.  ;)

BTW -- If you have a digital SLR with a separate lens, chances are it has some threads at the end of the lens that allow you to screw-in filters, etc.  If that's the case, you can get an inexpensive set of macro adapters that simply screw-in to the end of the lens and will allow you to do close-ups.  (These are small price compared to fancy macro lens)

Wonderful & inspiring work! -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com