• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

D. Krakow Auto Repair in 1/87 scale

Started by Junior, November 29, 2010, 01:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior

Back with temporary roof needs vents, weathering etc.

DaKra

I guess its one of those things where you can't really go wrong.   It would be good garage practice not to have an open flame.   If you had a cheap source of coal nearby it might also make economic sense to use a boiler. 

Some local regulations weren't enforced.   Insurance policy may specify, maybe the garage had no insurance.   Who knows?  And if its a warm climate location, probably no fixed heat source, but an electric heater or stove might be brought in for a cold spell. 

Photos show radiators, electric heaters and stoves, too.   

Radiators

http://www.shorpy.com/node/8692?size=_original
http://www.shorpy.com/node/7015?size=_original  
http://www.shorpy.com/node/5277?size=_original

big coal stove

http://www.shorpy.com/node/8501?size=_original

DaKra

Couple other thoughts...

In the bathroom I might expect to see a rear view mirror hanging up over the sink, instead of the old pin up.   And probably a bare bulb light fixture with a pull chain somewhere. 

From the bathroom set up with the flush toilet & hot and cold running water, I'd assume the radiator boiler would fill automatically from the fresh water line. 

Dave

BKLN

QuoteIn the bathroom I might expect to see a rear view mirror hanging up over the sink, instead of the old pin up.   And probably a bare bulb light fixture with a pull chain somewhere.

Dave,
don't assume everybody's bathroom looks like that, just because yours does.  ;)

Anders,
very nice job on the roof. What did you use?

Christian

Junior

Quote from: DaKra on February 02, 2011, 05:20:29 AM
Couple other thoughts...

In the bathroom I might expect to see a rear view mirror hanging up over the sink, instead of the old pin up.   And probably a bare bulb light fixture with a pull chain somewhere. 

From the bathroom set up with the flush toilet & hot and cold running water, I'd assume the radiator boiler would fill automatically from the fresh water line. 

Dave

Ha....the OLD pin up I printed from a site you sent me so that stays - the rest I will get to work on.

Anders ;D

Junior

Quote from: BKLN on February 02, 2011, 07:08:25 AM
QuoteIn the bathroom I might expect to see a rear view mirror hanging up over the sink, instead of the old pin up.   And probably a bare bulb light fixture with a pull chain somewhere.

Dave,
don't assume everybody's bathroom looks like that, just because yours does.  ;)

Anders,
very nice job on the roof. What did you use?

Christian
Speaking about bathrooms - your guess!

Anders ???

BKLN

You used toilet paper for the roof? - Interesting! I didn't think that would work. I was guessing it to be some fine sandpaper.

Junior

Cheap stuff painted with Polly S Weathered Black when dry medium warm iron, cut in stripes and glued in place. Painted again with enamels final weathering remains.

Anders ::)

finescalerr

Still coming along satisfactorily. I really find impressive the information about plumbing. Where else would people be so knowledgeable and helpful to someone building a "tiny house from a bunch of sticks"? -- Russ

Malachi Constant

Anders --

Each time there's a new post in this thread, I can't help going back and reviewing many of the earlier photos ... very impressed and inspired by the finish and arrangement of all your tiny details!

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Junior

Thanks Dallas - inspiration is mutual don´t think I had made all those radiator hoses shown in the prototype picture on page one and in my interior shot unless I had seen your neat work with those. Your thread has so far given me many great ideas for my next project in 1/35 scale.

Anders ;D

Malachi Constant

That's scary!  Now I have to decide:
a) Hurry up and finish my project before you jump into 1/35 and show how it should really look ... or ...
b) Slow down (even more) on my project, so I can wait and see how it should really be done and copy yours!  ;)

It is interesting to do projects in different scales.  Dabbling with HO figures has given me new ideas about working on the larger ones ... but working on the larger ones made it easier to do something in HO.  Lots of interesting decisions to be made about techniques, compromises and what aspects to emphasize to get the most out of a particular scale.

;D ;D ;D
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Junior

As I´m waiting for radiators and a couple of shelves from David not much has happened on the interior but there are plenty of other things to finish. Got the boiler house done - similar to the drawing on page 10.

Junior

Boiler house interior.

Junior

Roof done with vents and rafters in place.