• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

D. Krakow Auto Repair in 1/87 scale

Started by Junior, November 29, 2010, 01:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frederic Testard

Had you shot a close-up it could be quite difficult to know whether it's 1:1 or 1:87, Anders.
Frederic Testard

Junior

Restroom moved from it´s location behind the tool board wall.

Junior

Back where it should be.....

Anders ???

Malachi Constant

Anders --

That is some AMAZING and beautiful work there ... very inspiring ... great atmosphere!

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

BKLN

Anders, you are killing me.

This is so cool! It is a wonderful idea to hang all those gaskets in front of the window, it really bring out all that delicate detail.

finescalerr

I think this model will surpass even the machine shop. -- Russ

Junior

Thank you very much guys - encouraging. Will be back soon with more finished work and some closeup pics. for Frédéric.

Anders ;D

Frederic Testard

Thanks Anders. I love all the details and thinking you've already put into this garage.
Frederic Testard

Junior

Quote from: finescalerr on February 01, 2011, 12:49:44 AM
I think this model will surpass even the machine shop. -- Russ
If so it´s because of all the help I got from the great people at this forum. When building the machine shop a year ago I had no help at all.

Anders ;D

granitechops

Quote from: granitechops on January 26, 2011, 03:20:49 PM
Quote from: Junior on January 26, 2011, 02:11:33 AM
Mock up for locker and restroom area. Don´t know if I need to raise the walls up to the peak...don´t think so. Any suggestions welcome.

It probably would look better if you did meet the roof line, especially if you would be taking photographs in through the open door from the little peoples eye level

I am loving all the detail you are doing, takes me back 50 years to when I was working in one!!
I agree with the suggestions others have made about flat ceilings with storage above.
I have seen a lot like that, including one that serviced my van until recently

I supppose my thinking had been coloured by my recent research about the 1930s depression era, when placing myself in the shoes of a very hard up owner wishing to add internal rooms, the cheapest option, especially with a low roof, would be to add a few inches to the uprights plus a bit more sheeting, wheras a flat ceiling would require, extra ceiling joists, and quite a few square feet of ceiling sheets.

Just for an alternative approach to partition, a garage I worked in in the 1960s had a 'cage'  of studding at 4ft centres with just chain link fixed to it to about 8 ft high, with a 6ft wide opening, no doors,inside was all the shop machinery, grinders, lathes, cutters, vulcanising stand etc. supposedly so that all dangerous  activity was isolated from the rest of the shop, but anyone could still see if anything had gone wrong
Don in sunny Devon, England

BKLN

Don,
your observation regarding extra storage space is dead on. I really like what you did in the packing shed with those pipes under the ceiling. It makes perfect sense and looks really good! (I should really write this in your thread)

Christian

Ken Hamilton

Anders, it's a pleasure to take in all those wonderful details.
Beautiful job!!
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Junior

Thanks Ken and Ray. Now heating issues. I have decided not to use shop heaters as Dave (DaKra) made up some really nice radiators. He also sent me this picture from an old catalog. Would this be TOO much for just the garage and the little office building? The two buildings will not be surrounded by other buildings and are located about two miles from nearest town. Without this boiler how would the hot water be supplied? The boiler house would fit nicely at the back of the garage see next page.

Anders ???