• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

D. Krakow Auto Repair in 1/87 scale

Started by Junior, November 29, 2010, 01:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

You have done a nice adaptation of the original Anders! Those doors should look great in there.

I have seen electric meters in seemingly unreadable locations-though it is more unusual.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

DaKra

Beautiful work, Anders.   I'm honored to have my name on this fine establishment!

;D

finescalerr

This project continues to prove satisfactory, constructive comments notwithstanding. We have some fine modelers here, don't we? -- Russ

Mr Potato Head

Anders
I love the progress! And the chipped paint is great, I was wondering though, how tall are the meter readers in your country? Because he or she would need to be 10 foot tall to read your electrical meter :o ??? ::)
Gil
In Idaho where we now have digital meters that send the info automatically, no meter readers here  ;D
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

onl26

granitechops

Quote from: Junior on January 26, 2011, 02:11:33 AM
Mock up for locker and restroom area. Don´t know if I need to raise the walls up to the peak...don´t think so. Any suggestions welcome.

It probably would look better if you did meet the roof line, especially if you would be taking photographs in through the open door from the little peoples eye level

I am loving all the detail you are doing, takes me back 50 years to when I was working in one!!
Don in sunny Devon, England

Ray Dunakin

Beautiful work!

RE: the restroom/locker room walls... Continuing the walls up to the peak doesn't seem prototypical to me. I think it would be more likely to have a ceiling. If this would affect your access to the interior, perhaps the ceiling could be removable.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Krusty

QuoteDon´t know if I need to raise the walls up to the peak...don´t think so. Any suggestions welcome.

I've seen a number of old garages where the office &c resembled a box set down inside the main building. The gap between the top of the office area and the underside of the main roof trusses provided a convenient storage space for assorted junk that might come in useful one day.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on January 26, 2011, 07:27:54 PM
Beautiful work!

RE: the restroom/locker room walls... Continuing the walls up to the peak doesn't seem prototypical to me. I think it would be more likely to have a ceiling. If this would affect your access to the interior, perhaps the ceiling could be removable.

I'm planning to do something like Ray suggested in my shop ... ceiling over the rest room will be removable to allow for lighting/detailing ... cosmetically, it will serve as a sort of storage loft ... where some small things get shoved to get them out of the way ...

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Junior

Hi guys and many thanks for all the valuable input will make everything look much better. Relocated the now world famous meter, put up a different sign on the small building and the No Smoking sign is now more typical of the era. Concerning the interior walls I guess the height shown in the mock up picture is now in favour. Will shoot some interior pictures of the garage soon - detailing has started today.

Can´t really get those white walls to photograph well indoors. Might sound as a bad excuse for sloppy work but they do look much better in reality. Maybe Russ can help. Anyway will shoot them outdoors when it´s not -15 c. like today. Here is a picture from a previous project taken outdoors although not a white building it makes a big difference in my opinion.

Anders ??? ;D

Ken Hamilton

Thanks for the photo of another project, Anders. 
You do some really good work.  Wonderful attention to detail.
Got any more photos from the srchives?
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Chuck Doan

Low interior walls with a ceiling is perfectly fine. I work in a building where the offices and restrooms are just like that.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Junior

Thanks for that info Chuck actually those walls are almost done now.

Thanks Ken - that particular picture is from a machine shop that will be included in the next issue of The Annual. Will post other projects soon.

Anders ;)

Junior

First work on the interior.

Junior

Lights are just temporary and looks funny. This pic. was shot with Helicon Focus and the camera moved slightly during the two exposures.