• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

D. Krakow Auto Repair in 1/87 scale

Started by Junior, November 29, 2010, 01:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior

Back with temporary roof in place.

Junior

Garage front. Still waiting for doors from Dave that will be identical to the prototype. The wrench is in honor of Dave and Vectorcut.

Junior

Buildings as they will be located on the diorama.

Junior

Mock up for locker and restroom area. Don´t know if I need to raise the walls up to the peak...don´t think so. Any suggestions welcome.

Junior

Side wall of garage with some gasket displays that I´m working on right now designed by computer wizard BKLN Christian who also did the artwork for the Krakow signs.

Junior

DaKra´s fingers and doors that are in transit across the Atlantic Ocean.

Junior

One final close up about FOUR times actual size! :D Would appreciate some suggestions on the following. Have one gas pump and two lubesters that will be placed in front of the small building. I could carve an island out of plaster just like the front steps or just put down some boards?

Thanks,

Anders ???

Frederic Testard

QuoteDaKra´s fingers and doors that are in transit across the Atlantic Ocean.
I hope (for us) he forgot to send the fingers since he does so wonderful things with them for us to enjoy.

Apart from this subtle observation, I can only bow in front of your wonderful work.
About the pump and lubesters, I think that plaster would be fine since the garage is obviously not an out-of-the-woods thing.
Frederic Testard

Junior

Ha....that´s really funny Frédéric - I guess we have a slight language barrier here - messed that one up but won´t delete might be a few other guys who will be amused. Thanks for your input and kind comments.

Anders ;D

Ken Hamilton

This is one mighty fine structure, Anders.  The walls look great and the
little details - like the hanging hose - really bring the scene to life.
Combined with Dave's & Christian's raw material, you're creating a beautiful piece of work!

EDIT:
One minor thing I just noticed:
Your electric meter is mounted up near the roof where the line comes in from the pole.
It should be at eye-level so the Meter Guy can read it.  The incoming electric line should run
to the building (the way you have it) then down to the meter before the line goes into the building.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Malachi Constant

Anders --

It's all looking really good!  Concrete step looks good, so it seems like building a similar concrete island for the pump & lubesters should work fine ...

One thing looks a bit odd to me ... is that an electric meter up near the roof on the end of building?  If so, those are usually at or below eye level ...

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Ken Hamilton

Quote from: Malachi Constant on January 26, 2011, 05:58:32 AM
One thing looks a bit odd to me ... is that an electric meter up near the roof on the end of building?  If so, those are usually at or below eye level ...
Dallas, we noticed that at the same time and our responses crossed in the mail!
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Junior

Ken and Dallas, thanks for your input and kind comments. That electrical meter was part of a much larger panel and I had no idea it was an electrical meter just thought it was some kind of a hook up unit. Now that I know better I will move it.

Thanks,

Anders ;D

BKLN

Anders,
that is some great progress on your project. There are so many nice details to discover!

Since everybody is helping with their expertise, I don't want to hold back: I think the "No Smoking" sign is a little out of place. It seems too modern to me. I would just take it off completely or have something a little more simple.
And while I am very proud that you seem to like the main signs, I think that one might be enough. It would be unlikely that a auto shop like this would have two almost identical signs on the two structures. (especially if one structure was a later addition)

But those two things don't matter too much when you look at the overall beauty of this project!

Junior

Christian,

Had thoughts about the main signs as well that´s why they are only spot glued and could easily be removed - not really sure what I prefer right now. Is it the No Smoking sign on the garage or both? Thanks for the input.

Anders ???