• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

D. Krakow Auto Repair in 1/87 scale

Started by Junior, November 29, 2010, 01:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Junior

The top of the smaller batteries was laser cut by DaKra (Vectorcut) and then glued to pieces of styrene. Most of the parts on the "floor" also by Dave.

Junior

Car parts again quite a few DaKra parts.

Junior

Tool boards reworked a bit since previous post. Hooks filled up with radiator hoses, fan belts with decals, etc. Many DaKra parts here.

Junior

Lathe, drill press, compressors, grinder etc.

Junior

Have to make one more gas pump for customers. All shown except for the red tire pump will be placed in an outdoor shed and offered as "used gas pumps" in various conditions. My caricature of Chuck´s pump is quite embarassing  and my only excuse is the difference in scale. This is tiny stuff and hard to control with paint chipping etc. If anyone has some good advice for the final customer pump it would be most appreciated.

Anders ??? ??? ???

Junior

One more of the pumps.

DaKra

hey Anders

Everything looks great, I like your color choices. 

Since you asked for suggestions on the pumps-- its probably too late to be helpful-- but I would not weather them as heavily as you have.    Assuming your diorama is set around 1935, and keeping in mind a gas station owner would keep his pump in good order while he was in business, 1920s pumps would only show a couple of years worth of rust and weather.    My idea of light weathering would be a little paint chipping at the wear points, an oil wash and a touch of rust.       That said, the way you've shown them would be perfect for a 1950s and later setting!

Looking forward to seeing how you build the structures.     

Dave

Junior

Dave, your´e absolutley right. A lot more paint than what I had planned for came off. The red ones are somewhat better. Even within the same brand of paints the reaction can be different. I have a few extra so we´ll see how the final one will work out. Thanks for your input.

Anders ???

Malachi Constant

Anders --

Great collection of tools, spare parts, signs, pumps and "junque" -- you're making great strides there!  Lots of interesting well-done pieces.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

BKLN

Absolutely beautiful! The detail is very impressive! I was working on junk for my garage project, so I have a pretty good idea how much work it is. Very nice!

You mentioned that you used decals for the oil cans?!

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

Everything looks great! As Dave said, the weathering might be a tad much for "newer" pumps, but still they look pretty good, especially in light of the small size.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Junior

Thanks everyone for your comments. Christian I´m not sure which oil cans you refer to but here is a pic. Decals are N-scale Gas Station set from Microscale.

Anders ;D

Frederic Testard

Hi Anders, that's some awesome work you're showing us.
If you bring this kind of chef d'oeuvre to the French exhibition, I think I'll ask to be very far from you so as people cannot make the comparison between our works... :)
Frederic Testard