• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Rail CAR

Started by Les Tindall, March 17, 2021, 02:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les Tindall

Hows this for a nice modelling project. Its at Taco Les Lacs in Northern France (a large collection of mostly 2ft/60cm gauge steam. diesel, critters - some of it operable. They have about 3km of track. The front "bogie" appears to be an old skip chassis.
Les

Les Tindall

Another view

Barney

It just shows what went on on these "backwood "railroads in my mind anything  goes
Just purchased a Heller 1/24th Hotal bus so its on my bucket list - it will run on O gauge track 32mm in 1/24th a nice 2ft 6in critter
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Heller 1/24th scale hotel bus     not sure if link will work but lets give it a go !  Its an old kit recently upgraded
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Barney

link don't work try again tomorrow
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Barney

if all fails take a photo
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Barney

they also do a pick up truck (open back ) which I think would be the same as Les's photo and a estate car ( a Woody type thing) and a van closed type body
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Nice! That would look right at home on any old slim gauge line.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Les Tindall

Didn't realise Heller did that many 1/24th scaler vehicles.  Looks useful though I only found the "hotel bus".

Les

Barney

they do a whole range of stuff including saloon cars - the pick up truck and the fire engine are rare but a few keep popping up - many pick up trucks have been done using the "Woody" estate car ( I have done a few in the past) EBAY appears to be the people  and "Creative Hobbies" of Cambridge list the whole range but most are out of stock but they keep popping up when restocked - I normally get the kit Number of there list and search the net its surprising how many there are out there
The Heller Kits are a bit on the " flimsy side" typical early Days of models - but always seem to measure up to the prototype. the Ferguson Tractor kit is excellent
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Barney

The Hellar Ferguson tractor kit is excellent quality I think it is like many or there kits has been totally upgraded
Stuart McPherson

Barney

I have one (I put in the oven early) I'v back dated it to an early type tractor with a flat head engine and steel wheels it will be part of my Shed Diorama
The next one will be a rail tractor - plenty of fun there - I do like this 1/24th scale plenty of detail can be gained - loads of stuff around and coming on the market and easy on the Eyes
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Les Tindall

Thanks for all that in fo Barney. For further inspiration there are good photos of the collection at Tacos Des Lacs on the website - lots of "critters"
Its www.tacosdeslacs.free.fr    then click on "la collection"

Les