Westlake Publishing Forums

General Category => Modellers At Work => Topic started by: Bill Gill on October 08, 2026, 01:40:01 PM

Title: detailing HO shorty combine
Post by: Bill Gill on October 08, 2026, 01:40:01 PM
Here's a MDC Roundhouse shorty combine that will do double duty. Sometimes it will be a combine at the head of a short mixed local freight and other times it will serve as a caboose at the end of a milk train.

Details include: wider endsteps at both ends, seats and passengers  inside, a smokejack Will get a potbelly stove inside when I can find where I put it), brake details and the little detail that started it all, a screened vent replacing a clerestory window on each side.
(I just discovered this side has the vent with the crooked frame. Well it's an older car that's seen a lot of miles and will get some weathering to reflect that.)
C&V # 2.jpeg