• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The former blacksmith shop in Rickarum, Sweden. 1/35 scale,

Started by Junior, May 09, 2011, 02:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior

Junior

Pic.27 [img][/img]

That´s all for today. Next update will be the finished diorama.

Cheers,

Anders

Gordon Ferguson

Staggering Anders, just staggering ..... what else can I say
Gordon

chester

Magnificent renditions of everything Anders all the way down to the tire tracks in the sand. Beautiful work!

mabloodhound

Anders, that is just great work.   The motorcycle collection is superb.
However, in the photo of the shop with the "boss' helper" working on the bike, his hand on the floor (with the wrist watch) just looks too long from the wrist to the knuckles.   Kind of distorted or mutated.
Thanks for all the photos.
8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Chuck Doan

Gonna need some time to soak in all the neat details. Wow!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Chuck Doan on May 29, 2012, 11:35:39 AM
Gonna need some time to soak in all the neat details. Wow!

Same here!  I can enjoy those 27 pix one per day for almost a month and still not soak it all in (but I'm gonna come back many times and try!)  ;D  Very inspiring. -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

finescalerr

If I can't publish that model I will hang myself. A couple of photos were indistinguishable from 1:1 scale. Most satisfactory.

By the way, Anders, I have scheduled your HO garage/shop for the December Modelers' Annual.

Russ

TRAINS1941

Need to go back and study these all over again.  So much detail to take in at one time.  Excellent.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

BKLN

Wonderful work, Anders!

It is good to see this amazing project broken into little photo bits. There is sooo much going on and it's a lot to comprehend.

The two month are absolutely worth the wait.

Barney

Its all to much to take in one go - 2 days on and I'm still finding detail - lovely work and attention to detail I have worked in places just like this and stored all those bits in the same way you never know it might be useful one day they never was but that's life ! superb just keep it coming but in smaller doses !!
Barney

Junior

Thanks very much guys MUCH appreciated!

Dave.

Thanks for pointing out the hand. No problem to re-work that and it shall be done. A scalpel and Magic Sculp is all it takes. As can be seen on the box art for the figure the reason I re-placed the left hand was because I didn´t think it was sculpted very well and of course I ended up with another funny one. The right hand obviousley had to go as well otherwise my guy wouldn´t have been able to work on the bike the way I wanted him to do.

A couple of people have asked by private e-mails how the two mopeds were painted and as it was a pretty complex task I could just as well post an SBS here at the forum if there´s interest. Please let me know.

Again thanks very much guys!

Pic.1 [email][/email]

Anders

Hauk

Great work!
I really, really hope to see this in person in October...

Regards, Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

mabloodhound

You're right Anders, that original hand looked very poor.   I think by just shortening the distance between wrist and knuckles will work.
I think we would all enjoy reading your SBS on painting the mopeds.   Thanks
8)

Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower