• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

My coal mine scale 1:22.5

Started by Design-HSB, May 05, 2011, 05:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

Are nowadays, I built underground in the shaft II continues.

Shaft II with insight into expansion.
The vertical pieces of wood were used in the original track as slats for the cage.
The thickness of the rear pipe for pumping water and other pipes for compressed air and steam to the different soles.

The rust on the beams is otherwise genuine.
In addition I have the Instant Rust Set of TRIANGLE used Crafts.

In any case, the two can finally begin with the sinking of the shaft and I fit into the model.

If you want to see my monastery tunnels once live, this can, moreover, on the NUSSA 2012 first time in 2012 03./04.März Stadtoldendorf do.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Design-HSB

Hello,
because my posts here know I have little resonance, the question is what this.

What should I do better or differently.
Or should I just leave it better, my work is just too interesting for this forum.

I admit that I had only a little English in night school, and therefore use the Google translator and so trying to explain my posts.

Personally like answers to as PM or e-mail.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Personally, I think your diorama is very creative and well done. Your building techniques are excellent. I look forward to each post. Please do not go away or stop posting.

Maybe some of the experts here could help you achieve an even more realistic finish on some parts of the model (or a future model). If anyone volunteers, I hope he will keep the writing simple and use a lot of pictures.

Russ

artizen

I have been following this build on buntbahn.de

Incredible detail and research.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

Ray Dunakin

I too have enjoyed following along with this build! Please continue posting!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Thank you for the answers.

I am well aware that I am with very different objectives, such as the majority of the members of this forum here run my model.

So yes I had to ask for even allowed to get a better understanding of the orientation of my posts.

My personal goal is the model, according to an authentic original Mine near my house.
It is also my goal to incorporate animated functional Scaled details with me because not only will the trains be the only thing moving.

I just bought 7 pieces model servos to exactly this to set.
This functionality is of course difficult in words and pictures to give back but maybe I manage this so soon in a video.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

artizen

Videos are good!

Looking forward to seeing them.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

fspg2

At a German narrow gauge exhibition a few days ago Helmut showed his "Klosterstollen".
On a movie at youtube we can see many functions Helmut has placed to his great model. (from minute 4:05 to 7:40)
Click here.
Frithjof

Design-HSB

Hi all,

Currently, there are some news about my work bench.
As seen in the video is moving with me not only the train but I have also tried other parts to design flexible.

Winch to lift the "Teufkübels" container.

Everything from brass and soldered construction, only the screw, the gear and ball bearings are buying parts.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Really nice work! I enjoyed the video too -- loved all the animation!

Ray Dunakin's World

fspg2

Where is the small winch placed? Do you have a photo to see how big it is?
Frithjof

marc_reusser

Helmut,

Please do continue posting your work and progress on this project. I think the subject, attention to detail, fabrication techniques and quality of craftsmanship is wonderful. I do watch and follow, but don't often post, because it gets old always posting "great work"  ;D  ;D....and like with Frithjof's work...the machining/fabrication techniques are far beyond my abilities, but I find it truly fascinating and educational to watch/see them and the results.

Thanks for posting the video. Great to see the layout in operation. Enjoyed seeing all the mechanisms in action.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

I agree with Marc. How many times can you say "great"? -- Russ

Design-HSB

Hi all,

I would like to continue my story and show more pictures.
Once I had found that although I have all sorts of detailed pictures of the original of the winds, but unfortunately not a suitable overview photo.
So I'm in good weather with the monastery dog tunnels and have only once made ​​the pictures show.
Yet it is incredibly convenient to be a model for the model to have very close.

In this view of the gear box is very nice to see.

Winch shaft I in coal mine tunnels Park from the monastery.

Winds with the cover open and 1 cent coin for size comparison.
The gear box is fastened with screws M 0,8 and the ball bearing holder with M 0.6 screws.

The gear box with the holders of the ball bearings.
The small nuts have a key length of 0.6 mm.

In the bearing retainer was cut M 0.6 thread so that it is possible to remove the drum once.

Hi Ray, yes, we're both in the model miners.

Hello Frithjof, just for you with a cents, I have also taken the extra large coin.

Hi Marc, I guess you could also just have time to train to come to me.
For me there is every Tuesday evening support for other modelers with building tips.
Perhaps I should also report the training times times, if it interests you.

Hi Russ, yes I think it's clear what you mean.

To all, if you have any questions as I do it then so very much like.
Otherwise, the wind is still not finished and it is for me to build even further and report.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Wow! The machining of these parts is amazing! It's almost like making a watch.

Ray Dunakin's World