• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Morning all wishing you all the very best of health.
So thank you all for the comments
The local wildlife has had to make way for the Sandy Hollow bargain center specializing in fridges and washing used of course. But in my experience care must be exercised when munching around with white goods you never know what is in there.
cheers.

1-32

finescalerr

Did you solve your "too big to photograph indoors" problem? The images look excellent. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Morning Russ and Ray.
Yes, I have been practising and getting ideas about still life photography, inside,
cheers

1-32

Morning All drying out after record floods in this part of the world.
So much great modelling at the moment it is hard to know where to begin but in short, I have really liked all the posts.
One thing that has caught my eye is the builds in 1/35 scale great collection so as not to let the side down.
Recently I posted a picture of a 600 mm rail bus that I wanted to build in 1/35 scale so a drawing was needed. The pencil was sharpened and the rubber was put on ready and off we go the resulting working drawing you can see here. There is enough information here to make a start all the rest I will make up as we go along, the starting point is the radiator  of course- hand-cut styrene and mesh.
cheers.

Bill Gill

Great start, Kim. Really nice shape for the radiator.

1-32

Hi Gill.
Thanks, I used a  piercing saw and files good for shaking hands. This radiator unit is very distinctive and sets up the rest of the model at the moment it will be just a static model but provision is made for a power 4 wheel unit -24 mm long with 12 mm wheels . The original is from the Ida Bay the most southerly railway in Australia located at the bottom of Tasmania at the moment now closed for safety reasons 600 mm gauge ex limestone carrier.
And just a quick picture of my growing collection of washing machines.
cheers.

Barney

Just Love it Pencil & Paper - life can be so simple !!
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Hi Barney.
Yes watercolour paper pencils and a bit of a water-based wash
cheers

Ray Dunakin

That drawing makes me miss the days of working with T-squares and triangles, circle templates and French curves.

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hey Ray.
Rember the drop compass.

Ray Dunakin

I don't think I ever used a drop compass, but I did use spring compasses and a beam compass. In fact I still have them.

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Good afternoon trusting you are in the very best of health.
Hi Ray a drop compass and for the brave, you can get a ruling pen attachment.

Moving on with my little Ida bay railbus in  1/35 scale. The frames are fabricated and the cab is started wish I could get the sucker square really unless you do this all the time you forget tricks but hey building without plans and one dodgy photo is a challenge and it is all working out. There is a metal firewall between the cab and the passenger area then it is wood. At the moment it will be a static model with space provided for a Toshiba motor unit 12 mm wheels 24 mm long for 16.5 track. The back axel will be fabricated from a leftover bogie with spoked wheels I will keep 2 axel boxes a 1 set of wheels.
cheers Kim

shitao

Hoi Kim

The  ruling pen gives me a lot of good memories of my school career... :)
And I love the way your things evolve during construction.
This ads in my opinion so much to each model.
Greetings from Switzerland

Thomas