• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

A Rusty Ruston

Started by Les Tindall, December 09, 2018, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les Tindall

16mm scale scratch built 2ft gauge Ruston loco, based on a photo of one I saw on Flikr. Mostly styrene construction, lots of rust (salt technique plus Bragdon powders). The couplers and control levers were 3D printed - lots of sanding and filling required on the gearbox cover.

Les

Les Tindall

A photo during construction plus one completed (which gives the impression the loco is on a lean!)
Les

Ray Dunakin

Nice. I take it this is supposed to be an out-of-service loco?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Les Tindall

finescalerr

Bill Gill

Looks good. Do you have a place for it to retire ?

Barney

Very Nice an excellent bit of Grot !! - Let it retire amongst the weeds Thats were I want to go when time is up !!
Barney

Les Tindall

It will "rest in peace" among other (still to be built) locos. I have a half built Kerr Stuart "Wren" chassis to rust up, a lathe (which is what I am working on now) and drill press kits, the odd old wagon, perhaps a stationary steam engine. In other words whatever I fancy making. Then it will all be placed in front of a Marcel Ackle type building.

Les