• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sugar cane railways in Egypt oo9

Started by franckcombe, June 19, 2018, 02:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

franckcombe

Hello,

My Sidi Fontana layout is nearly finished so it's time for me to create a new one.

I want to reproduce a Sugar cane railways in Egypt at oo9 scale. It's a real 2 feet gauge built by french and english in 19 th century and still used today. The train is used for 50 %  of the cane sugar in Egypt.

Two links on youtube

https://youtu.be/_AlkUOPyaNE

https://youtu.be/2hSj3oWkZBI

I will reproduce a part of a sugar cane refinery near luxor with his harbour and crane. The locomotives and the rolling stock don't exist and my friend Jean-Pierre Duval will do this with 3d printings.

This is the  mock up

IMG_9018 by franck combe, sur Flickr

and the layout

IMG_9044 by franck combe, sur Flickr

finescalerr

It will be fun to watch your progress. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Greg Hile

Something new and different! Looking forward to it!

franckcombe

My friend Jean-Pierre DUVAL has already draw the  FAUR HAWAMDIA locomotive in 3d.

faur by franck combe, sur Flickr

franckcombe

I add the backdrop in order to see if the composition is correct. I will leave the scene like few days in order analyze it and then  to do some minor changes. The crane will be on pillars, I will add space between tanks and perhaps I will reduce the height of the tanks. I don't know how to fill the left corner of the layout.

IMG_9076 by franck combe, sur Flickr

IMG_9076 by franck combe, sur Flickr

IMG_9079 by franck combe, sur Flickr

IMG_9080 by franck combe, sur Flickr

Ed Keen

I love these dioramas. Will follow with great anticipation.
ed keen

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

franckcombe

Thank you for your post.

I make some progress. I refine the scene composition. I reduce the height of the 3 tanks also.

IMG_9102 by franck combe, sur Flickr

IMG_9103 by franck combe, sur Flickr

IMG_9104 by franck combe, sur Flickr

IMG_9105 by franck combe, sur Flickr

IMG_9106 by franck combe, sur Flickr

finescalerr

All the storage tanks are in groups of three. Why not remove one small tank on the far right for variety? Also, maybe move the crane and dock a little to the left so it won't be right in the center of the scene. What do you think? -- Russ

franckcombe

Quote from: finescalerr on July 11, 2018, 10:53:19 AM
All the storage tanks are in groups of three. Why not remove one small tank on the far right for variety? Also, maybe move the crane and dock a little to the left so it won't be right in the center of the scene. What do you think? -- Russ

Hi Russ,

Thank you for yours constructive remarks. For the storage, I will change the numbers. For the position of the crane I have already  in mind to move it in order to avoid the center  ;)

franckcombe

I add few the details and vehicles and figures.

IMG_9168 by franck combe, sur Flickr

IMG_9167 by franck combe, sur Flickr

IMG_9166 by franck combe, sur Flickr

police control at the gate

IMG_9165 by franck combe, sur Flickr

a general view

IMG_9164 by franck combe, sur Flickr

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

franckcombe

My friend Jean-Pierre Duval has finished to model one of the locos and the rolling stock

Wagon et locotracteur 1 by franck combe, sur Flickr

franckcombe

My friend Jean-Pierre Duval has started to model also a schoma in 3d on a plymouth chassie.

1.1264103524.sugar-cane-train by franck combe, sur Flickr

thumbnail (2) by franck combe, sur Flickr