• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

RIO ALLOSIUS MINING & Co.

Started by LLOYD, November 28, 2010, 08:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LLOYD

RIO ALLOSIUS MINING  & Co.

After many years in HO and 1:20.3, I started in 2002 my little mining empire in O scale (On30 ) in small place, 7' by 6', a real challenge for this scale on this small era ....
All structures, mine, ore bine, trestles and more are scratchbuilt...
Engines and rolling stock are modified B'man or scrachtbuilt!
Somewhere in Southwest.........

The mine...

LLOYD

Engines one switchback...

LLOYD

Shay # 6 and R.A.M. Co and crew poses for the photo.....

LLOYD

engine # 6 and ore bine...

LLOYD

Backdated  440 circa 1880 ( ex-B'man )

LLOYD

440 engine #2

LLOYD

Passenger train....

Ray Dunakin

Cool! Those ore bins are great. Nice photography too!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Thanks for posting those little gems, Lloyd. -- Russ

gnichols

Loved your photos and models.  The group photo of the crew got me to laughing... what a great photo idea!  But, I didn't like the blue boiler jacket!.  Dang.. I had one just like it planned for my next big loco.  Now I have to choose another color.  Dark blue instead?  Red-orange?  Regardless, nice modeling.  Gary

LLOYD

Howdy,

thanks for your interest Compadres....!
More photos...
engine #9 , 240 (ex B'man Forney ) with Grandt Line tender, changed some details and built a new cab....

LLOYD

engine #9 one switchback....

LLOYD

No train, but a great engine, the Holt 75 with heavy wagons from an old mules team...

LLOYD

mining trains....

MinerFortyNiner

Lloyd, I really enjoyed the photos...they really set your modeling off well, the black and white shots are especially effective.  The Holt pulling ore wagons was a nice touch!

Was that a saguaro cactus I saw in the the background of one photo?  Where is your fictitious world located?
- Verne Niner
  "Better to light a candle than curse the darkness..."