• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

RIO ALLOSIUS MINING & Co.

Started by LLOYD, November 28, 2010, 08:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LLOYD

Hello Verne,

thank you for your interest.
my little fictitious Mining Co is somewhere in south of Arizona, in a desert and arid place where only some cacti and small bushes live....and rattkesnake....
Saguaro cactus are hand made with modeling past ( FIMO ) cook with the furnace....
Of course I'm fan of your Estrella & Sonora Grande and Mogollon Railway of W.C. Greene...
Other  photos...
A modified B'man  042 Porter in Coronado style...

LLOYD

Engines #3 and #6 on trestles...

teejay99

Looks like you're having fun with it Lloyd and I like the era you chose . If I could ever sell all my mid 50's based HO stuff I would most definitely go On30 , turn of the century , western motif .

Terry
Wilson's Law: As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

JESTER

Nice work! Do you have any color pics of the ore bin?

-

LLOYD

Howdy,

thanks for your interest, and other pics of ore bin...

LLOYD

one other...

LLOYD

Ore bin and mine are horizontal, but not the track...

LLOYD

backdated brass conversion kit to used 060 HO B'man.

LLOYD

Finished engine # 5

W C Greene

Lloyd-your layout is looking really fine! The switchbacks remind me of the Gilpin Tramway, one of my favorite lines. The little 0-6-0t is extremely nice, so it was a brass kit? Is it on a Bachmann mechanism? Expiring minds want to know.
                                   Woodie
miles to go before I sleep...

LLOYD

Howdy,

Woodie, the little 060 is a kit from Backwood Miniature, and I've backdated with domes, stack, headlight from PSC.The B'man mechanism run very well and slowly!
Not having a DCC one my little layout, I upgrade all my engine with Faulhaber motor....
The Gilpin Tram is one of my favorite line too, and the last book is great...

Jeff Spike

Hello Lloyd, Verne, Folks...Really like the back dated motive power you are doing, especially the 4-4-0...she's a beaut!

Keep up the work and post more,

Jeffrey

LLOYD

Hello,
thanks for your interest Jeff, but I'm not Verne!!!
My last work....A vertical Boiler Shay...

Jeff Spike

Hmmmmmm...Sorry Lloyd, name was typed but my fingers are not working right this morning...cold.
(typing challenged?) Fixed it,
Still like your Lokeys LLOYD!

Jeffrey