• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

RIO ALLOSIUS MINING & Co.

Started by LLOYD, November 28, 2010, 08:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinerFortyNiner

Lloyd, I really like your 2-6-0 backdated...very distinctive!  The additional photos look great as well, thank you for sharing them.
- Verne Niner
  "Better to light a candle than curse the darkness..."

LLOYD

Howdy,

Verne the engine is 0-6-0.... but the kit is available in 2-6-0 or 2-6-2

Porter's family....
Dummy built on 0-4-2 with tram body...

LLOYD

Standard version with some details...

LLOYD

without windows...

LLOYD

and Coronado style...

Jeff Spike

Hi Lloyd, Folks...really like the Porters you are doing...Captures the flavor of a desert mining outfit well!

Keep up the work.

Jeffrey

finescalerr

All are good. But lose the chains and antlers unless you want people here to give you a hard time!

You have done a very good job with all your locomotives. Very impressive lineup.

Russ

Frederic Testard

Quote from: finescalerr on December 05, 2010, 01:09:21 PM[...] lose the chains and antlers unless you want people here to give you a hard time!
I expected something like this...
Frederic Testard

finescalerr

Just so you know I am not prejudiced, I wear chains and antlers to most social events. It's my "Gothic" look. -- ssuR

P.S.: The rest of me already is naturally weathered.

LLOYD

Quote from: finescalerr on December 05, 2010, 01:09:21 PM
All are good. But lose the chains and antlers unless you want people here to give you a hard time!

You have done a very good job with all your locomotives. Very impressive lineup.

Russ

I am of agreement with you Tonton, it are that of the old remainders of a modelistic influence of another time!
I will remove all that.
With, I will make a monument....but that's nice  on old 4-4-0 or sternwheeler...

A baby Climax without chains but antlers and  a poor enginer!!! ;D

Jeff Spike

Hi Lloyd, Folks, ssuR...Oops, noticed the chain hangin' on the pilot beam, kinda hidden, but never the less...

Most engineers I've spoken to over the years, are poor, too!

Jeffrey

JESTER

Quote from: LLOYD on December 01, 2010, 09:21:04 AM
Howdy,

thanks for your interest, and other pics of ore bin...

Nice! Great details. Thanks for the pic.

-

MinerFortyNiner

Thanks Lloyd, my mistyping...guess it's a plague of the keyboard around here!   :D

Anyway, I really like the backdated Porter, I have a few of the factory assembled ones that I need to modify...probably would have been easier to just get the kits and build them they way I wanted them in the first place!  Porter never listed a 2-6-0 in their catalog, although they had 0-6-2s.

As far as the chains, antlers, etc...ease up on Lloyd, guys!  I think if a guy really wants antlers on his lokie, why not?  I DO draw the lines on chains, though...except as a fashion accessory for certain publishers...
- Verne Niner
  "Better to light a candle than curse the darkness..."