• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Alternatives to Shapeways?

Started by SandiaPaul, June 26, 2015, 05:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lab-dad

Latest order placed Wednesday 7/8/15 shipped 7/13/15
Thats pretty darn quick!

-Mj

lab-dad

Pretty sad when the post office takes longer than Shapeways........
I cant wait for an alternative to the post office....
By the way today is Friday.

finescalerr

There are reasons the USPS is financially unsound and you have experienced one.

Has anyone noticed that, when a company grows and its founder retires or dies, the company's product quality, innovation, and customer service almost always deteriorate?

Russ

lab-dad

Did the guy who invented the post office die recently?
Mj

finescalerr

No, he's still alive and well, retired, and living in Tahiti with a bunch of thong bikini girls.

Marty, stand in the corner.

Russ

mabloodhound

I know Ben Franklin sure wishes he was in Tahiti with the girls. ::)

Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: mabloodhound on July 18, 2015, 03:13:55 PM
I know Ben Franklin sure wishes he was in Tahiti with the girls. ::)

You know what Ben Franklin would be doing if he were alive right now?

Screaming and clawing frantically at the inside of his coffin.    ;)

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

SandiaPaul

Contrary to seemingly everyone on this forum I have had good experience with USPS. In my last bout with Shapeways I too saw the tracking that Shapeways posts. When I questioned them about ti they told me the USPS is notorious for not updating the tracking info. Sure enough I received the package and the tracking still showed it as not delivered.

Lets see the stuff when you get it Marty!

Paul
Paul

lab-dad

Well it's Sunday and still no parts.
That means Monday, may be....
I could have drove to Sahpeways and back, getting a good nights sleep each night and still had the parts by now!

The only real solution is to buy my own printer which I am sure will become affordable someday.

-Marty

Lawton Maner

much of the credit for the problems at the USPS must be laid at the feet of the US Congress who a decade ago saw the USPS as a cash cow ready to be milked (robbed).  They have required advance payment of pensions into a gov't. controlled plan to assure there employees 70+ years from now are guaranteed their pensions when they retire and replaced the cash with IOU's.  This is the same Congress who thought that putting our Social Security into a 401K prior to 2008 was a great idea. If your unborn grand children go to work for the USPS their pensions are guaranteed even if there is no guarantee the USPS itself will be there to hire them. 

TRAINS1941

Quote from: Lawton Maner on July 20, 2015, 12:05:08 PM
much of the credit for the problems at the USPS must be laid at the feet of the US Congress who a decade ago saw the USPS as a cash cow ready to be milked (robbed).  They have required advance payment of pensions into a gov't. controlled plan to assure there employees 70+ years from now are guaranteed their pensions when they retire and replaced the cash with IOU's.  This is the same Congress who thought that putting our Social Security into a 401K prior to 2008 was a great idea. If your unborn grand children go to work for the USPS their pensions are guaranteed even if there is no guarantee the USPS itself will be there to hire them. 

Kind of like Conrail isn't it!!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

lab-dad

My parts arrived today after a week in transit.
I put pictures in the sketchup thread.
Im pleased with them.
Marty