• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Cuban Kitbash

Started by eTraxx, September 09, 2010, 06:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eTraxx

Interesting. It took me a minute to realize that this was the same loco .. would be fun to scratch together.

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Ray Dunakin

I like it! Especially the cow catcher. I wonder what that open cargo area on the back is for? Makes it look like a big, weird pickup truck on rails.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Ken Hamilton

Now THAT looks like it would be fun to build.
Thanks for the pics.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

eTraxx

Yeah. I saw it and was fascinated .. seems like it would be pretty easy to kitbash a free-lanced version using the photo as a guide. My immediate thought was .. Older flatcar + steam cab and tender + truck engine and radiator .. toss in box and shake! :)
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

marc_reusser

Neat shots.

I can already see several dozen being churned out by the guys on the On30 Conspiracy list!  ;D

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

JohnP

It would be nice as 24" gauge in 7/8ths scale too. I have tooooo many project ideas already though. :(

John
John Palecki

Lightengine

Having been to Cuba and seen their lack of transportation for civillians and guessing that this loco worked on the sugar cane plantations (which were extensive prior to the Soviet support being withdrawn) I guess the large area at the back is for workers to reach the sugar cane fields.

Chuck Doan

It could be a great candidate for weathering. Brings a whole new meaning to "passenger locomotive" (I assume ppl rode in the back).
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/