• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Wonderful New Fish Kit by Michael Fichtenmayer

Started by marc_reusser, August 24, 2010, 01:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

I had to share this....I just love this upcoming kit (already emailed a reservation for one):

"FichtenFoo's Fantastical Fish-Shaped Submersible"

It screams James West and Arti Gordon! ....I can see the episode now "The Night Of The Steel Fish" (or in the show parlance TNOTSF.)

More info and images of the actual model test shots (as well as the design and shaping process of the original)can be seen here:

http://fichtenfoo.net/blog/tag/fantastical-fish-shaped-submersible/

For the RR guys it would be perfect along any pier (or London dockside) on a late 1800's or early 1900's.  ;D

Marc

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

RoughboyModelworks

I love it... a steam punk fish submarine. Haven't bought a kit of anything in years but I emailed my reservation for this one too...

Paul

finescalerr

eTraxx

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Chuck Doan

So a 1/35th figure would fit in the hatch? I was picturing the CS Hunley in its out of the water scenes.

Or sitting abandoned in a shed or out back in the weeds...

Very neat.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

Uh, I asked the GAUGE, not the scale. It was supposed to be amusing. Guess not. -- Russ

Bexley

CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

eTraxx

Quote from: finescalerr on August 25, 2010, 12:33:03 PM
Uh, I asked the GAUGE, not the scale. It was supposed to be amusing. Guess not. -- Russ
Dang. Obviously .. a Freduian slip or parapraxis.
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Malachi Constant

I think some similar mechanical piranhas were supposed to show up in a Barbarella sequel that never materialized!

Meanwhile, I imagine that you've seen this steampunk / submarine / pirate layout on the Gnatterbox ... if not, suspect you'll find it at least somewhat amusing:
http://forum.gn15.info/viewtopic.php?t=2849

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

RoughboyModelworks

Quote from: finescalerr on August 25, 2010, 12:33:03 PM
It was supposed to be amusing. Guess not. -- Russ
No worries Russ... you're always amusing...  ;D

Paul

marc_reusser

Too cool...checked out Michaels blog today and he has posted a pic of the proof of the PE set for the sub.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Beautiful both in the detail and the styling ... look forward to seeing the various builds on this one!

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

FichtenFoo

How did I miss this thread!? :D Thanks guys, glad you like it!
Chicks dig giant robots.

RoughboyModelworks

Yeah, I'm surprised you didn't see this thread Michael.... your ears should be burning.  ;D Really looking forward to the kit. The etchings look first rate...

Paul

FichtenFoo

I think it's information overload. I've been too busy checking out the galleries and other models, dios, etc...  ;D So much great stuff to pour through and learn from. I'm hoping the etch arrives today, but it should be here by tomorrow/monday at the latest. Can't wait to see it.
Chicks dig giant robots.