• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

My coal mine scale 1:22.5

Started by Design-HSB, May 05, 2011, 05:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

Russ,

my wife is the one who gave me the 3D prints of the modelmaking friends.

Or if you want to know it so well, next to the mine car in the picture.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ed Keen

Helmut, Great accomplishments in modeling.
ed

Design-HSB

Hello,

after heat-free in the workshop and the family-related break, it can finally go on.

For the rehearsal I started with the character of mine and set it up for a rehearsal in the Cakebox model. The pit light is already tested and the connection is made via M1,4 threaded bushings in the legs. So the connection can be completely unobtrusive but very reliable.

Visitors can come and wait for their painting and design.

The figures are 3D prints of real model trains that I personally know. Of course they were designed to pit suitable. During the search I had made sure that the clothing was ever suitable. So all needed really only a pit helmet of 2K plasticine was modeled. One had unfortunately only a top with short arms, and this could be modeled with the 2K plasticine to a jacket around. Now the primer follows. The wires are also in this case for the pit lights what is spent on the safety of some.

All figures have M1.4 mm threaded bushes in their legs, in 2 figures the figures are again pierced with extra-long drills and 0.5 mm brass wire was drawn in. The 0.5 mm wire is shortened and then the fine connection wires of the SMD Led's can be easily soldered to it.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Helmut, your helmets and clothing modifications came out well. The pit lights on the figures will look good and add the the ambiance of the scene.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

I don't think you have a model of Volker there.

Come to think of it, Volker has been absent so long maybe he was never real in the first place!

Russ

Design-HSB

Yes Volker is also missing from my model visitors, but Frithjof is there.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Design-HSB

Inch wise ibe my cloister cake box model completed and submitted to the contest at BRM ,

I took part in the weekend at the Arge narrow gauge EXPO in Gmünd, here my presentation.

The model itself is on the cake box which I have pasted with pictures of the image and the model.

The model shows an authentic user guidance, with explanation and move of a mine car. All this was realized by 2 AVT sound modules and a Dinamo OC32 NG.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Hauk

Quote from: Design-HSB on October 08, 2018, 01:19:46 PM
The model shows an authentic user guidance, with explanation and procedure of a mine car. All this was realized by 2 AVT sound modules and a Dinamo OC32 NG.

Thats one fine group of model citizens!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

finescalerr

You certainly deserve prizes for originality and creativity. Extremely adequate. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

That is so cool! It really turned out great!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

My biggest win is a possible extension of my "Klosterstollen" model.

And so my Cake Box has made its way into the "Klosterstollen" model.

To do this, I first sawed a matching neckline into the "Klosterstollen" model.

The Cake Box can be inserted into this section from the outside and, of course, electrically connected to the "Klosterstollen" model.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Cool! Was that part of the plan all along, or something you decided on after making it?

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Ray, the construction was actually a test, for an extension where I want to show the terminal station in the mountain. A concealed fiddle yard is also supposed to be used in order to be able to change trains. Above Fiddle Yard, more boxes of scenes can then be installed. The Fiddel Yard then joins the studs and then covers the opening of the box and so I can exhibit later with or without an extension. But first there is still a lot to do at the monastery tunnel, I have just started building trees.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Very clever and creative. -- Russ