• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Here is another.
All this stuff is very fragile so it has a special place later I will show you very much like a science size of box-60 cm long22 cm wide and 6 cm deep-24,9 and 2.5 inches. Multilayers

1-32

Good morning all.
This little loco dumper caught my eye perfect for South Creek.
This is my reference so it really is a blank canvas, my ideas so far 2100 mm long by 1050 mm wide[7 foot by 3.6 feet]. Looking around I already have a lot of the pieces and the skiff is a perfect place for the motor.
As a side thought please spare a thought for the fires in Australia to get it in perspective so far an area the size of France has burnt .half a billion native animals have died many human lives mass evacuations and no rain on the horizon, repeated firestorms
.Dodon't brush it off as the Northern Hemispheres summer is approaching.
cheers, Kim.

finescalerr

Your model probably will have more charm than the full size dumper.

As (all of) you know, a little over a year ago I had to grab the cats and evacuate for four days. Enormous waves of fire came within half a mile of our house and I didn't know whether it would survive. We live near a large open space with many deer, mountain lions, coyotes, bobcats, raccoons, rabbits, birds, ... everything. I hate to think about how many were unable to escape or others whose already difficult survival became much harder.

Most fires in California have been the result of arson, carelessness, or sparking power lines. In other words, PEOPLE CAUSED NEARLY ALL THE FIRES. I hope that has not been the case in Australia. And I hope, somehow, fire fighters are able to put a quick end to the current holocaust.

Russ

1-32

Hi Russ.
usually, there is the fair share of lunatics out there but the big influence is it has been so dry and very hot yesterday 30 k inland from where I live was 47.5 degrees C that is 117 degrees F ouch hot. You wake up every morning observe how much smoke is about this gives a good indication of what the fires are doing  The Australian bush will come back it needs fire to reproduce animals also will come back but the big worry is the lack of water once the politicians stop point-scoring there needs to be a massive investment in water . Most likely all this will end with a massive typhoon hitting a city of 5.5 million great. If you had a warped sense of humor like myself you could see the similarities of an SF story the doomsayers as the temple of climate change and the wicked media baron representing the climate deniers, myself I feel the world is changing fast perhaps a religious theme could be woven into it also
Anyway, the dumpster on wheels a very easy to build it will take a few versions but you are right the devil is in the character.
Cheers Kim

Ray Dunakin

That dumper looks like a great subject to model -- lots of character.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

Pretty thing, Kim. I think I have to build one for my layout too.
Bernhard

1-32

hi all .Bernard that is great that you are thinking also to build one with your skills it will be impressive.
Mine will be a bit different for one thing it will be using a gauge of 9 mm you use 16,5 mm yes. Also, the motor in the photo it is a 2 or 4 stroke with a fuel container on the top I can't make this so I am going to introduce another motor assembly made up with bits and pieces that are leftover. I wanted a company like mini art to produce a plastic version in 1/35 of a small engine very handy then you could make all those crazy pallet movers from 1950 ish I am looking forward to your version.
My detail will be about the load 4 versions spring to mind each could be removable and attached to a dummy base that covers the motor in the skiff. Helmut has made the observation that the skiff could be either tipped to the front or twisted to the side crazy detail luckily mine will be completely fixed.
cheers

Design-HSB

Hello Kim,

here is a version with a VW industrial engine with 24 hp.

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Lawton Maner

What a great way to take all of the needs for a day at the beach over the dunes to the shore.

Bernhard

Kim, I found this a long time ago. But I like your version better. I still have unfinished lorry kits from Hesketh Scale Models that I can modify accordingly. For the motorization I could maybe use the engine from a motorcycle model kit (like for my motorcycle-powered critter).

finescalerr

Thanks for posting other examples, Helmut and Bernhard. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Here is another one ...

1-32

I am not sure how I have started using 9 mm gauge mechanisms but with these small large scale models, they do the job very well. Here are 3 commercially avalable mechanisms that you can use .
Starting at the top.
Tomy Tec made in Japan very good value for money but bulky
The new Kato 11-109 promising better performance good value but the wheelbase is too long for my tight radiuses.
Mini Trains made in Germany my choice can run all day at a crawl very good on tight corners but expensive.
If you have any more to add please feel to add.
cheers.

1-32

Good afternoon.
Progress the little skiff in wheels is taking shape.
Believe me that I tried all sorts of model motors and the only one that works are industrial battery , it seems appropriate for such a loco. The load is a separate model as is the driver.It is going to be fun to detail and paint the skiff on wheels.
cheers.

Bernhard

Looks all right. It's a good idea to hide the motor in the skiff.