• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarter Gauger 48

Yes very interesting.  Now is that a walking/bicycle path, and or also, a drainage system?

1-32

goodmorning.
no this is just a drainage system where nature is taking over.i really like the shapes of concrete near the camera.
cheers

finescalerr

One of us, like Narayan, could build something like that as an art piece and possibly sell it as a sculpture for tons of money. Or at least be ridiculed into oblivion .... -- Russ

1-32

hi russ.
of late i have been searching for different point of views that can be used for small pieces usually without railways.usually i draw them so without a scanner they are hard to share.the movie industry is a very good inspiration .
by the way happy 2017 it is going to be big.
cheers

finescalerr

If you build such a diorama, I'd love to see it. As for this year, I'm not sure whether I'm ready for what might come! -- Russ

Quarter Gauger 48

Quote from: 1-32 on January 15, 2017, 11:50:03 AM
goodmorning.
no this is just a drainage system where nature is taking over.i really like the shapes of concrete near the camera.
cheers

AH, that would explain the crown in the center.  In the states, there many bicycle paths that look almost identical to this drainage system with the exception of the crown angle.

Scratchman

1935  Model  A  Ford

Gordon Birrell

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gordonbirrell/

NORCALLOGGER

Quote from: Scratchman on January 17, 2017, 01:08:59 PM
1934  Model  A  Ford

Gordon Birrell

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gordonbirrell/

Well maybe, but it looks a little like a 1936 5 window

Quarter Gauger 48

If I recall correctly, there were no critical changes from 1932 through 1936. So this could be any of those years'...That flat head V-8 design lasted from 32 to 1953'..a great run for a motor'..and loved by many'..   

billmart

Based on comparing the photo to photos found using Google, I'd say it's a 1935 Ford 5-window coupe.

Bill

Quarter Gauger 48

Quote from: billmart on January 18, 2017, 11:29:05 AM
Based on comparing the photo to photos found using Google, I'd say it's a 1935 Ford 5-window coupe.

Bill

I would say Bill', I must agree with your assessment'.........

Mobilgas

It's not a 1934 that's for sure my friend has 4 of them. :)
Craig

1-32

hi and good morning.
yes the Fish Head Cafe 1997 scratch built-paper, cardboard,paper,wood,metal -1/32 scale and of course my work.
cheers.
https://images51.fotki.com/v1638/photos/3/1816483/14223809/P1010015768x1024-vi.jpg.

Quarter Gauger 48

Nice build'...I like the scale and the nostalgic look'...

Ray Dunakin

Very nice! The cut-out fish sign is pretty cool.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World