• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

granitechops

The environment getting its own back on VW??   :D
Don in sunny Devon, England

Allan G

Some manhole covers from Eastern Europe (Hungary, Austria, Germany, Czech Republic) including one car. I'm not a car buff so I'm not sure what it is other than it looks like a VW.....Allan (It may take a few posts to get them all on the site.)

Allan G

More photos...Allan

Allan G

More.....Allan

Allan G

More pnotos.....Allan

Allan G

One more.....Allan

Ray Dunakin

Nice design work on some of those manhole covers.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hauk

Here is a cool picture I stumbled across on the wide wild interweb:

No, It is not a still from the movie "Norwegian hillbillies". It is an authentic picture of a local Sheriff and his deputy after a raid against Moonshine distilleries during the prohibition in Norway (1916-1927).

Would make a great model, me thinks!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

mabloodhound

Good photo.  I never knew that Norway also had a prohibition era.  Didn't last as long as the US.  ::)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hauk

Quote from: mabloodhound on October 11, 2015, 07:51:02 AM
Good photo.  I never knew that Norway also had a prohibition era.  Didn't last as long as the US.  ::)

Norway have had (and have) some rather strange regulations when it comes to alcohol. 
For instance, all wine and liquor sales are through stores owned by the government.
Up to quite recently you could not buy alcohol at all in certain areas. You had to order your beer by mail-order, and at least one crate at a time. So if you wanted a beer for friday night, you had to plan in advance!

Another rather strange rule was that in some hotels alcohol could only be bought by visitors. Local residents could only visit roped-off areas in bars and restaurants where you could not buy alcohol. And this practice lasted well into the eighties.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

finescalerr

Similar laws exist in several states here. I lived in some states with those laws. Repressive idiocy, just as so many other laws. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

This photo of a kingfisher on an old sign would make a great subject for a model, or a detail on a diorama:

Photo by Alan McFadyen. From the following website:

http://www.boredpanda.com/perfect-kingfisher-dive-photo-wildlife-photography-alan-mcfadyen/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=BPFacebook

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

michael mott

A clever posed picture and great visual pun.

Michael

SandiaPaul

Paul