• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scratchman

here's one more.

Gordon Birrell

Barney

Reference to the Shed on rails -Thanks Lawton for the information some of the local history people are now coming up with similar thoughts on the mystery building.
Barney

Lawton Maner

Barney,

Can you give me a better reference to the shed's location.  I'd like to see if I can find it on one of the map sites.

Scratchman

Here's a photo of a old fire truck.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

Scratchman

Here's one more at the same location.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

marc_reusser

The corrugated on Barneys shed, looks like it is the Asbestos type.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

NE Brownstone

Some pictures of an old gas powered steam roller I found on the way to Tombstone, AZ a few years back.  Sorry if I re-posted these, but I figure someone might not have seen them before.  Can you imagine having to steer that thing while standing next to the radiator, in the middle of August in AZ.

Notice the eccentric crank lookin hub and ball hitch in above picture.  Anyone have a clue? 

Russ
The other, other Russ

Ray Dunakin

That's cool! But I wonder what was the purpose of the small "boiler" and smokestack? Does it act as a muffler?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

mabloodhound

Was it once steam and then converted to diesel/gas?
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

NE Brownstone

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on April 10, 2014, 09:03:13 PM
That's cool! But I wonder what was the purpose of the small "boiler" and smokestack? Does it act as a muffler?

I believe so, but they sure did try hard to make it look like it was steam powered.  Maybe it was the only way they could sell their rollers with one of those newfangled gasoline engines.

I just found this:

http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2013/02/buffalo-springfield-steam-roller-built.html

It is the same machine.  Notice the rust pattern on the side.  Well, unless they all rusted in that particular spot.

Imitation cylinder head?

Russ
The other, other Russ

Barney

I know its not a giant red wood - but it well pissed me off - why my shed I asked
Barney

Hosted on Fotki

finescalerr

Be glad you were not inside when the limb fell. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Great stuff, too bad the old mill is rotting away.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

eTraxx

Just saying ..

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"