• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightengine

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on January 17, 2014, 06:24:04 PM
What is that thing running through the scooter? A big gun barrel or something?

Is it the 'Weapon of mass destruction' that didnt exist?

kneighbarger

Ray that is one cool rail truck. Any more photos of the rear?

Marc great photos, love the filling of the barrel and dumping the tip car.

Ken

eTraxx

This was posted up on Facebook. Have no idea where or what .. but is just plain cool.

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Lawton Maner

The pale yellow rail truck is for repairing overhead catenary in the Butte, Montana copper mines.

The armed moped is sporting what appears to be a 105mm recoilless rifle.  The rear view of the breach is the clue.  They were mounted on Jeeps and any light wheeled equipment to annoy enemy armor.  The Marines had an early Armored Personal Carrier called an Ontos which sported 6 of them and was very good at shoot and skoot practices.  The 25 metre backblast made them dangerous to stand behind and the dust kicked up screamed "here I am" to  the enemy.

The other photos appear to be WWI French 20 cm railroad equipment, based on the uniforms of the troops in them.  The turntable for supplying an artillery gun is quite good, as are the rest of them.

Can't comment on the mining photo other then from the rail cars in the background it was taken somewhere in Europe in the first part of the last century.

All in all an interesting collection.

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: kneighbarger on January 30, 2014, 09:29:02 AM
Ray that is one cool rail truck. Any more photos of the rear?

Sadly, no. I haven't been able to find any other pics online yet.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

A smaller version of the scooter....

Hanoi
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

I know somewhere there was a discussion of these but cant recall where...so I'll jus put this here.

M-Works

marc_reusser

Project reference....

M-Works

mad gerald

Quote from: marc_reusser on January 30, 2014, 10:13:03 PM
I know somewhere there was a discussion of these but cant recall where...so I'll jus put this here.
... the Maunsell Army [sic!] Forts (Nore, Red Sands, Shivering Sands) where mentioned in this thread, pages 102/103 ...  :) ... nice shot showing heavier weather ...

BTW: I am still dabbling with the idea building one of these "stilt houses"  ;D ... but don't know when and if I could manage a "tiny" scale like 1/35 ... even in 1/35 scale it would measure approx. 30 x 30 cm (floor space) ...

cheers

Ray Dunakin

Beautiful composite shot of the night sky taken from the Atacama desert in Chile:

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap140127.html

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Wow. Gorgeous photo. Unfortunately, that link is likely to expire someday. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

I saw this tractor loco on another forum, and really liked it. I think it's a Fordson:

Ray Dunakin's World

Hydrostat

Great find, Ray! Do you know anything about the railway's purpose?

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Scratchman

Ray, the tractor loco is a McCormick Deering.

Here's one on a Universal power shovel.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/