• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad gerald

Marc,

Quote from: marc_reusser on December 11, 2013, 09:05:31 PM
Yes those are very cool. IIRC there are drawings and more photos of them in the book "The Architecture of War".....lots of other really cool stuff in the book as well. (Sorry too lazy to get up and confirm exactly what info on them is actually in the book)

... should have suspected you already knew these ...  ;) ... thanks for the additional information anyway ...

As this keeps me busy researching the WWW the last days, I very much would appreciate you would confirm (on occasion), if the book contains drawings/plans, as a copy of the book is hard to get over here.

At least I found out in the meantime, that these forts were two-storied and had dimensions of approx. 36x36ft ...

Cheers

marc_reusser

Gerald,

The plans that there are of these Army Forts are pretty rudimentary...more like schematics.

The two pages with images follow, there is also a page of text that accompanies the images describing their construction, use and intent.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Army fort pt 2

M-Works

marc_reusser

There were also these Naval Forts that you might find of interest.

M-Works

marc_reusser

Naval Fort pt2

M-Works

mad gerald

Quote from: marc_reusser on December 14, 2013, 03:19:48 AM
The plans that there are of these Army Forts are pretty rudimentary...more like schematics.

The two pages with images follow, there is also a page of text that accompanies the images describing their construction, use and intent.
... whoa ...  :o ... thanks a lot for your effort, man ...

Quote from: marc_reusser on December 14, 2013, 03:22:20 AM
There were also these Naval Forts that you might find of interest.

I do like these as well, but I really fancy the "stilt houses" ...  ;) ... was kinda "love at first sight" ...  ;D

There's a lot information about 'em (mainly pics) surfing the WWW ... but hardly drawings or plans ... I found a website also offering books http://www.project-redsand.com/books.htm .. and a website showing a 3D sketch with terrific renderings http://digitalenviproject.blogspot.de/2010/11/sea-fort-research-and-texturing.html  ... and even a google sketch up model of it http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=de5119c191e6c51e5bfb24d81b25af8 ...

I'm dabbling with the idea in this case to give 1/35 a try, because I can imagine an Ian McQue inspired "air ship" floating around a model of one this sea forts on stilts, may be even located in a desert or on rough terrain ...  ::)

Just in case somebody else needs some practice on an Ian McQue inspired "air ship" before daring to build a model of fichtenfoo's excellent Remora (or Waldo), here's a link to a website where somebody offers a download of a corresponding printy ...

Cheers

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

mabloodhound

Ray, that link to the Vancouver photos was great, a good resource.
Nice wagon too!
8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gordon Ferguson

Ray, looks like an old Shepherds hut ....... Do a Google search and you wind a lot more like it
Gordon

Scratchman

All this old gas station stuff is just down the road from my home.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

1-32

what in the shed?
kind regards kim

Ray Dunakin

Who would have thought traffic lights could be so beautiful?

Ray Dunakin's World

mad gerald

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on December 19, 2013, 12:31:07 AM
Who would have thought traffic lights could be so beautiful?
... FULL ACK ...

Must be located somewhere in Germany (regarding the road signs/markings) I guess (or Europe at least?!) ... just wondering, if it has been photoshopped or taken with loooooong exposure time, as our traffic lights over here usually don't show all three colours at the time ...  ;)

cheers

Mr Potato Head

Hey Ray!
That's in my Po-Dunk town!
Star Idaho one stop light town , and it's always red in both directions! Dough!
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho