• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krusty

The first one's been tone-mapped in an HDR app. It also looks as though the photographer has been playing with layer blends. A black & white layer blended in Photoshop's soft light mode would produce a similar sort of effect.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

finescalerr

That makes perfect sense and would account to some extent for the appearance of the cloudy sky. It's the sky that made me wonder if the original had been an older black and white somebody had modified (but left the sky untouched). -- Russ

Max Corey

I like the variation of brick and color of brick.  The towns in much of USA have a Main Street of brick storefronts many of which are late 1800s and there are similar brick variations.  I particularly like the bricked up windows, additions and other changes that have taken place over the years.   Back alleys are great for that.  I will take some photos for here.

Max taking prototype photos in MI lately.
A screw up on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine.

granitechops

My first reaction was "film set"
Don in sunny Devon, England

narrowgauger

Hi Guys

this one will stir the imagination of petrol pump enthusiasts as well as forming the base for a wonderful 35th scale diorama

photo sourced from "Vintage Shots and Days Gone By"

have fun & stay cool
BernardS

narrowgauger

Hi Guys,

whilst I am on a roll this one would be a winner at the next Narrow Gauge Convention if the usual "genre" remains popular for the contest.

In any case the overall scene has some very interesting features.

photo by courtesy of "Vintage Shots and Days Gone By", which by the way is worth keeping an eye on for model building ideas.

have fun & stay cool
BernardS

Ray Dunakin

That H.A. Rose gas station is neat, and would definitely make a great diorama.

I found a hi-res version online. It looks like the panel hanging on the side wall, near the front, may be some kind of flexible shutter. The rail it's hanging from curves around the corner to the front of the building.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Ray Dunakin

Today I came across a couple photos of buildings that look like they'd make great models:

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Krusty

Improved Mack truck, 1956 version. Pity he only took the one photograph....
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

Terry Harper

Terry Harper

Golden 40 Employment Agency Bangor, Maine

kneighbarger

There are still Linn trucks around. These are photos from the Motor transport Museum in Campo, Calif.
Ken

kneighbarger

And this Linn is at the Hays truck Museum in Woodland, Calif.
Ken

marc_reusser

Found this for Chuck, in case he wanted to do a different twist on a tractor dio.  ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Hey Tibor!  The spirit of Nikita Kruschev is in your tractor!  ;D

PS -- On an unrelated note, saw a Mini Cooper in a parking lot today ... on the back window it said:  (Actual Size)  ;D
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com