• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

I like that Ben Hur rail bus!

Anyone want to take a shot at modeling this? 
An early view of the Homestake Mine in Lead, SD:

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hauk

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on September 23, 2013, 09:38:05 PM

Anyone want to take a shot at modeling this? 
An early view of the Homestake Mine in Lead, SD:

Yep, right after I have tackled this one in 0-scale:

This is the mining complex that kept my Westinghouse engines busy in their heyday. The location is Løkken, in the middle of Norway.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Mobilgas

I have a Western Scale Models.... O scale kit 10 stamp Gold mill that I would sell  ;D It would be a start for someone.
Craig

Mobilgas

Craig

Barney

5thwheel

A page or so from my 1921 F. B. Mallroy Company logging equipment catalog. I believe these were taken up around Tillamook.

Bill Hudson
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Ray Dunakin

Here's an interesting photo of an old fashioned hardware store:

Ray Dunakin's World

Max Corey

A screw up on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine.

shropshire lad

That is at the Black Country Living Museum in Dudley , West Midland in Good Old Blighty . I haven't been there , but it looks as if it might be quite interesting .

Nick

finescalerr

Is there a chance that the original photo was black-and-white? Maybe it looks a little like a model because somebody carefully colorized the original image. Kind of stirs the digital detective in me. -- Russ

eTraxx

found another from the front ..

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on October 01, 2013, 12:48:24 PM
Is there a chance that the original photo was black-and-white? Maybe it looks a little like a model because somebody carefully colorized the original image. Kind of stirs the digital detective in me. -- Russ

No . You can see by the clouds and wet pavement ( not a " sidewalk" ) that it has just rained and the sky can make photos look funny .

Why would anyone want to colourise a black and white photo ? These buildings would appear to have been in their present locations for less that 40 years so they could have taken a colour photo to start with .   
              http://www.bclm.co.uk/about/the-museums-story/1.htm

NORCALLOGGER

That first "hardware store" picture reminds me of a jigsaw puzzle print.
Something about the sheen and colors :).

Ray Dunakin

I found it at this site:  http://www.fineartamerica.com

It's not colorized but it's definitely been "enhanced" in some way to make it artsy.

Ray Dunakin's World