• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danpickard

http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2011/06/evol-street-art-urban-art-miniature-abandoned-cities/

Perhaps one for Marc with his urban decay themes...

Quite amazing what a stencil onto a block of concrete can turn out like.

Cheers,
Dan

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: danpickard on September 03, 2013, 06:41:43 PM
Quite amazing what a stencil onto a block of concrete can turn out like.

Indeed! At first glance it looks like a highly detailed model, such as a movie miniature.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

BKLN

EVOL had a nice gallery show in NYC last year. Very impressive work. A wonderful in-between of model building and fine art!

Hauk

This must be the ultimate bridge building challenge, The Forth Bridge in Scotland.
8,296 ft long, almost 10 times the amount of steel and rivets  of the Eiffel Tower. If you ever are in Edinburg, you reach it by train in just about 15 minutes.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Hauk

Another nice bridge, an operating Bascule Bridge in my hometown:

Its designed by Joseph Strauss, who also designed the  Golden Gate Bridge.
This is a bridge I really want to build some day...
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Gordon Ferguson

Great bridges Hauk,

In the days when lads were mechanical you could build one out of Meccano , can' find a decent picture but here is another one ..... Plus my favourite bridge from the other side of the country
Gordon

Mr Potato Head

Hauk
your home town of_________Norway ?
MPH
We just got a new bridge to nowhere in Star, ID, they only had half the money to build an outside loop, so for now the bridge crosses the Boise river in Star, some day the road will connect to the Interstate about 10 miles away, the locals in Star call the highway the "Death Star" because it will connect our sleepy little paradise to the outside sprawl of Boise!
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

kneighbarger

Wow, Hauk, the Forth Bridge in Scotland is one nice bridge. Even in HO scale it would be massive....
Ken

kneighbarger

If you are looking for something different in siding for a structure, here is an idea.
Ken

Max Corey

Hauk.

Can you afford to ford the Firth of Forth fjord in a forty four Ford fordor from Fort Ord?

Max slowly losing his alleged mind in MI
A screw up on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine.

finescalerr

I think the guy with the strange siding above must be the thief who stole 300 of my useless CD albums. -- Russ

Hauk

Quote from: Mr Potato Head on September 14, 2013, 11:01:57 AM
Hauk
your home town of_________Norway ?

That would be Trondheim, Norway.

Regards, Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--

marc_reusser

The problem with building the Forth bridge, is that it is a painting nightmare....every time you finish, the paint at the other side is so old, you need to strip it and start painting anew. ;)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Hauk

Quote from: Hauk on September 15, 2013, 02:42:28 AM

That would be Trondheim, Norway.

Regards, Hauk

And just to prove I have nothing better to do on a sunday afternoon, here is a panorama taken from the balcony of our flat :

To the right you can spot the bridge in open position.

Regards, Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--