• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

That's bizarre. I found the caption for the photo and had Google translate it:

"Konrad-Adenauer-Platz 09.05.2009: monument or art? This question is to the viewer when you visit the upturned steam locomotive 52 2751 in front of the theater in Marlborough in the northern Ruhr.
The 1944 built by Henschel in the factory number 27991 locomotive is considered the world's largest sculpture of the late Berlin action artist Vostell. The sculpture, emblematic of the situation of Germany at the end of the 20th Century, with the title "La Tortuga" (The Turtle) was designed by Vostell for the exhibition "Berlin myth" for the 750th anniversary of Berlin.
After their exhibition on the grounds of the former train station pickups they came to Marl in 1993, where he was entombed in a walk "Crypt". It is part of the sculpture park in Marl "glass box".
The locomotive is presented to the viewer as today almost rust heap. Since its installation in Berlin seem to have been carried out on the machine, no maintenance work. Whether this was intended by the artist is, the knowledge of the author escapes. Getting used to is the sensor-controlled sound engine with voices from the tender."

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Franck Tavernier

Hello Marc, obviously it's going to work much less! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Franck

eTraxx

Playing this morning with an in-progress dio while re-charging w/morning coffee

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Belg

I thought this was really cool. Saw it on Facebook and thought I should post that here. Pat

compressor man

I live in a small town with some really old buildings. I spotted this in a very narrow alley this morning. I could not get it all in one pic due to the fact that I had my back up against the other wall to take this pic. I also have a shot of the top of this window if someone is interested but it is really washed out from the morning sun.

Chris

Ray Dunakin

Great pic! The old bricks, the rusting metal, the rotting wood... beautiful!

Ray Dunakin's World

compressor man

Here's another

marc_reusser

Neat pix.

....Yeah, that's always my excuse when the cops catch me prowling around in strange alleys...."jusht takin photos occifer" ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

NE Brownstone

Wow, it's been awhile since I posted anything.   A friend of mine who is a diver out in the Gulf of Mexico emailed this picture to me the other night.  I'd never seen it before, but it's way cool and thought I'd pass it on to the crew.  Sorry if it has been posted before.  

Russ
The other, other Russ

TRAINS1941

Quote from: NE Brownstone on June 05, 2013, 07:07:47 PM
Wow, it's been awhile since I posted anything.   A friend of mine who is a diver out in the Gulf of Mexico emailed this picture to me the other night.  I'd never seen it before, but it's way cool and thought I'd pass it on to the crew.  Sorry if it has been posted before.  

Hey Russ about time you showed up with something!!! ;D
Nice picture though.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Ray Dunakin

Wow, that is really cool/funky/bizarre!  Is that a model, or a real suit?

Ray Dunakin's World

compressor man

Wow! First thing I thought of after seeing that was 'articulated coffin'

Chuck Doan

I think these were used as a force cure for claustrophobia.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Mr Potato Head

It's Robby the Robot's Brother  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Who was lost at Sea ??? ??? ???
Robby lost in space, Brother lost at Sea,..................Anyone ??? ??? ??? Bulher ??? ???
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho