• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobilgas

Ray,   Neat photo ;D......I wonder what it was orig built as?? old motor home?
Craig

Ray Dunakin

I don't know. I've been trying to find more pics and info, without much luck so far. All I know is that was photographed in Balmorhea, TX and the individual who posted the pic referred to it as a "possible early motorhome".

Looks to be on a ranch, or at least in ranch country. I wonder if it could have been a motorized "chuck wagon" or something like that?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

I guess these photos belong here. They are from Richard Schmitt, one of the Sundance Central 1:20.3 scale narrow gauge layout gang. He writes, "I thought you might like to see the Mich-Cal No. 2 Shay Dave Revelia commissioned for the Suncoast Center.

"We installed the ten foot locomotive section at one of the overhead roll-up doors to create an enginehouse door. The 1:1 scale model is foam with a hard shell coating to withstand the outdoor elements. The track and ties also are foam. We installed a working light, sound and smoke.

"The artist and company that constructed, painted, and weathered the Shay is James Powell from Monster City Theme Works in California. When the Shay was delivered to our building several members installed the Shay against the building."

Russ

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

NORCALLOGGER

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on March 31, 2013, 06:54:47 PM
I don't know. I've been trying to find more pics and info, without much luck so far. All I know is that was photographed in Balmorhea, TX and the individual who posted the pic referred to it as a "possible early motorhome".

Looks to be on a ranch, or at least in ranch country. I wonder if it could have been a motorized "chuck wagon" or something like that?

Could well have been a sheep herders "wagon"

Barney

Barney

The bug has bit and I've just got to build one - does any one out there have any ideas on the make of this contraption. Or any details they say its German and to me it looks like a front wheel drive !
Barney

Gordon Ferguson

You might just have a competitor , it's such a great machine!

I am going hazard a guess that the front end is of French origin, sure I have seen that sort of set up on some bikes in Paris......... Will let you know what I find.

;D ;D can't wait to see what you do with the pigeons !!

P.s. may have a solution to the "chain"  which you will need for this and another of your stalled builds !
Gordon

eTraxx

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

mad gerald

... waaaaay cool, Ed ....

Seems to me like manned jet engines of a ME 262 ...

Cheers

eTraxx

The original on Facebook ID'd it as 1948 Germany (evidently Nazi Germany still extant) .. so I see it as WWII+ meets Steampunk .. meets FitchenFoo :)
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Lawton Maner

Tricycle with a load of pigeons in back is either WWI signal Corps or a pair of cooks delivering squab to an Officers' Mess.

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Wow, that looks so bizarre and sinister, it's almost a letdown to find out the mundane truth behind it.

And yeah, the comments are worth reading!

Ray Dunakin's World