• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabloodhound

Quote from: Mobilgas on September 07, 2012, 05:34:33 PM
Would like to see somebody model this  ;D

Big Chief located in Kansas City, MO 1933
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

5thwheel

Quote from: chester on August 17, 2012, 08:11:19 PM
That's where this one resides Bill. Part of their static display but things are added and subtracted to the display from time to time.I live quite close and visit at least once or twice a year. They sponsor terrific theme oriented automotive shows almost every weekend in season.  http://www.ohtm.org/    The 'Barn Fresh' program has a huge gallery of photos.

Chester,

Some how I missed this posting.  Do they still have the other two? They were stored in a large shed behind the museum.  I believe they were more car body with a normal radiator.  When I was last there some one was repairing the engine of the Sopwith Camel.  Also the were starting on the preliminary building of a steam motorcycle.  Did they ever finish it or even get started on it.  This was my favorite museum.  I have only been able to visit it about three or four times.  There is also a very neat light house near by.

Bill
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

marc_reusser

Google image search of Big Chief Rootbeer, turned up two more images.

This one in Vancouver, WA.

And this one with no loc.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Heres one for Chuck to try all sorts of variations of his weathered Coke sign on.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

mabloodhound

Quote from: marc_reusser on September 08, 2012, 02:42:02 PM
Google image search of Big Chief Rootbeer, turned up two more images.

This one in Vancouver, WA.

The Vancouver photo is a photo composition (fake, in other words)   They used the KC,MO picture and put it on the airfield photo.
Dave Mason
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Mobilgas

Here's another interesting Photo  ;)
Craig

Chuck Doan

Interesting root beer stands. I like the Massive oranges that used to be along California 99.

thanks for that tank shot Marc. One could try many differnt ideas on that.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

mabloodhound

That's a "hoot" Craig.  ;D ;D
Dave Mason

Ray Dunakin

Here's another one for my ever-growing "gotta do someday" list. I spotted this photo over on the Free Rails forums:

It's a 4-6-0 converted into some sort of yard critter powered by a Holt engine. It belonged to the Ludlow & Southern RR.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

mabloodhound

That's a real interesting gas 'loco' Ray.   I wonder how much HP is lost through the rod linkage, etc.
Don't have to worry about boiler maintenance though.
8)
Dave Mason

Chuck Doan

That pic came from the Railroads of Nevada/Ca book that also covered the Epsom Salts Monorail. Supposedly the engine never got beyond what you see and was eventually scrapped, so performance stats will never be known. Very interesting though!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Here's a nifty little railcar that was built by a kid out of an old Model T that he bought for $5. It actually ran, and was used to give rides to all the local kids.

If you're interested, you can read about it here (it's part of a rather interesting account of early living in rural WV):

http://www.shawwv.com/betty_bishops_rock.html

Ray Dunakin's World

Malachi Constant

Ray --

Thanks for the latest pix!  Some really neat stuff there.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Ray Dunakin

Here's a Ford Model T that has been streamlined and could reach a top speed of 70mph:

Ray Dunakin's World