• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Quote from: lab-dad on May 29, 2012, 08:28:11 AM
Quoteit all  would have been wattle and daubed

LMAO!!!

can we in America get some sub-titles?
I dont speak proper English.
-Mj

Google it , you lazy Boy . Plenty of pictures there to look at .

Nick

Gordon Ferguson

For any of you inspired by Anders workshops, here are a couple of photos passed on to me by a friend Andrew Milner;-

Gordon

Gordon Ferguson

And one from my files "Little & large"  and my love of small bits of industrial kit

............... look carefully the 3 wheeler is doing the towing
Gordon

Malachi Constant

And it hasn't even popped a wheelie ... yet.  ;)
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

From FB:

U boat type VIIC from Revell 1/144 scale; by Uun Barliansyah

I thought the water and overall scene were superb.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Um...okay....

Yes, this is a model.  (1/16 scale Tiger Tank; by Dave Youngquist)

I was not able to find a "tell" that this was not a photo of a real one in a museum.

M

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

The "sea" is superb and as for the tank well it is the real thing ...isn't ?

Here is is one for Russ ................. 99% is paper, including the wheels and tyres

Build thread is here

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/civilian-wheels/9675-clarktor-6-tow-tug-1-33rd-scale.html

Well worth taking the time to read thro' as there are a lot of tips which could be used with different materials 
Gordon

marc_reusser

Gordon,

That is a very  cool and nicely built piece (odd scale though....1/33)

Thanks for th thread link...am going to have to give it a read-though.

Marc

M-Works

Junior

That´s some really cool pictures there! Great shop pictures and the water is pure J.B. André quality although not the kind of water he would model. That tank....... :o :o :o ???!

Thanks for posting.

Anders

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Wow... great stuff!

I'm generally not a fan of attempts to model agitated water because it rarely looks right, but the spray and foam on that sub model are amazing.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Two comments:

First, to my eye, the only thing that gives away the sub diorama is the water draining from the bow. The ocean looks wonderful. I would have expected the opposite.

Second, something I have learned in half a century of dealing with models: It ain't the material, it's the execution. If a modeler prefers to work exclusively in wood and knows his stuff, he can make it look like wood, metal, plastic, or stone. The same is true of experts working with any other material. Ray's transformation of plastic into "wood" is a superb example. Some traditionalists seem to dismiss paper but it simply combines the properties of wood and styrene. Nobody should be surprised by the material a modeler uses; we should only admire the results.

Russ

Gordon Ferguson

Quote from: marc_reusser on June 01, 2012, 02:35:55 AM

(odd scale though....1/33)

Marc

1/33 seems to be a "traditional scale" in the world of large scale paper planes, most the European manufacturers seem to produce printed paper plans to this scale . If you get the chance check out his Mitchel build, especially the work he did to super detail the engines.... the production of super thin rolled paper tubes is something I am going to practice and try as I am a bit fed up with thick walled plastic tubes

Russ, I use a fair amount of paper in my models and not surprised at the quality these guys produce .............. just thought you would like it
Gordon

marc_reusser

This is 1/32 scale a scrapped fishing boat diorama, by Satoshi Araki

Marc

M-Works

marc_reusser

Some from one of the masters; Marcel du Long

A freelance improvised piece using an Italieri "Barrachino" boat kit:

Stewart Tank:

MaK suit:

M-Works