• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

That's really funky. I wonder what the advantage it was supposed to have over regular rail transport?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Very interesting and funky. I wonder though if it has the same coming off the rails, or getting "wedged" that cheap sliding closet doors have? ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Looking at the photos above, it appears that the boiler must have some kind of slot in the bottom to accommodate the tall, single drive wheel!

Ray Dunakin's World

Terry Harper

The cab is a two story affair. Engineer on upper deck - fireman below

Terry Harper

Doodle bug made from a 1929 Franklin....imagine it with stub exhaust and six carbs....

Mr Potato Head

I don't think I have ever seen individual valve covers on a non diesel engine? pretty cool
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Mobilgas

I like the old trucks in the background :) I could use one of them right now for YARD-ART
Craig

Terry Harper

Franklin pioneered air cooled engines. There is supposed to be a big domed shroud over the top of the cylinders which ducts air
from the blower down at the front of the block.

It and all the trucks in the background are for sale - the owner wants scrap value for the Franklin

NORCALLOGGER

Quote from: Mr Potato Head on May 04, 2012, 11:05:37 AM
I don't think I have ever seen individual valve covers on a non diesel engine? pretty cool
MPH

The early Caterpillar (Holt-Best) gas engine models were built this way.  Especially easy to see
on the Model 60 Cat or Best.

Rick

chester

Quote from: Terry Harper on May 04, 2012, 04:01:33 PM

the owner wants scrap value for the Franklin

Be worth it just to get that steering wheel.

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: Terry Harper on May 04, 2012, 04:01:33 PM
It and all the trucks in the background are for sale - the owner wants scrap value for the Franklin

Cool trucks! I hope they find a good home. I'd buy 'em myself if I had a pile of money and a place to put them!

Ray Dunakin's World

Gordon Ferguson

Great pic but I to love the trucks in the background.

Terry any chance of a few more pics of those trucks, especially like the fact that the door is open on that first one so lots of detail that you don't normally see.
Gordon

marc_reusser

In case you build a tractor, and then decide you want a road roller.  ;D

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Les

This is the same but in a used state from under the hedge