• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krusty

Ray

A museum I was working at at the time acquired the engine as a spare for their Heisler.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

Malachi Constant

This was posted on the AFV News forum in a topic about women at war ... labeled "Terrain modellers for RAF, 1943"

http://www.afv-news.com/afvforum/the-pub/military-women/page-3/
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

eTraxx

I was in Chester SC yesterday and found this Sinclair fuel tank. I was like .. WOW!! The support is relatively delicate .. I suppose that's because gasoline is lighter then oil. Anyone know what the 'HC' stands for?

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Mobilgas

Ed,   I believe the HC stands for High Compression ;)
Craig

Ray Dunakin

Google to the rescue! HC stands for "Houston Concentrate", according to this site:

http://jakesgeneralstore.com/product/all-signs/sinclair-h-c-gasoline

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

eTraxx

Wow again. That makes the tank older then I thought then.
Ed Traxler

eTraxx

This is interesting ..

Ed Traxler

eTraxx

Curious ..

Ed Traxler

mad gerald

G'day all,

was at the Museum für Arbeit (Museum of Work) today, taking some photos of a clamshell supporting Frithjof's project and came across this piece of an old barge ... and found it too most photogenic - liked especially the various shades of rust ...

Cheers

chester

Quote from: eTraxx on April 30, 2012, 07:55:19 AM
Curious ..

Saw a lot of motorized wheel barrows doing commercial pool work back in the 60's. They were mostly full yard cap. instead of the 1/3 yard piece you show. Very awkward full of conc.

marc_reusser

Quote from: eTraxx on April 30, 2012, 07:55:19 AM
Curious ..

I've heard of "Ape Hangers" and "Monkey Bars" on motorcycles....but that is one awkward strech and grip when you're sitting in the bucket/bin.

That must leave two awesome spark trails as it scoots down the road.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

W.P. Rayner

I figure it's only a matter of time before there's a racing league for motorized wheel barrows... probably a division of NASCAR. Get a bunch of rednecks in roller blades driving the things. They could get sponsors like Scott's Turf Builder, John Deere and various fertilizer or manure companies -  "Proudly sponsored by Bubba's Manure Spreaders because frankly, we give a sh*t", "Manure Happens"... that sort of thing. Could even tie it in with the 2012 North American Manure Expo...

Paul -> returning to the corner ->

lab-dad

Famous last words;
"Ya'll watch this!"
-mj

Malachi Constant

Bikini girls on roller blades racing powered wheel barrows .... tonight on pay-per-view!

It's the new roller derby.  ;)
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Terry Harper

The locomotive was built by the Portland Company here in Portland, ME. The Maine Historical Society has a lot of the companies record, drawings etc. It would be interesting to
see if they have any drawings etc. of it.