• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

"I told you Nick hasn't finished his house and is still living in a tent."
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Gordon Ferguson

Marc,
still a bit sensitive are we ......... you are not going to like what Barney has got me building, not one bit !

Chuck

many a true comment said in jest !

As for what Barney said .............. well I can't remember exactly but the phrases "Glaswegian pillock"  & "get back over the border" were used more than once.
Gordon

shropshire lad

Quote from: gfadvance on July 07, 2011, 12:21:45 PM
Marc,
still a bit sensitive are we ......... you are not going to like what Barney has got me building, not one bit !

Chuck

many a true comment said in jest !

As for what Barney said .............. well I can't remember exactly but the phrases "Glaswegian pillock"  & "get back over the border" were used more than once.

You would never know that Barney used to work for the diplomatic corps !

Chuck ,

We've moved out of the tent and we are living in the cowshed now .

nick

jacq01

QuoteWe've moved out of the tent and we are living in the cowshed now

I hope you'll bring a good deodorant for the US convention near Frankfurt in October  ::) ::)

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

shropshire lad

Quote from: jacq01 on July 07, 2011, 03:56:51 PM
QuoteWe've moved out of the tent and we are living in the cowshed now

I hope you'll bring a good deodorant for the US convention near Frankfurt in October  ::) ::)

Jacq

I'll go out and buy a jar just for that show ,

Nick

TRAINS1941

Quote from: shropshire lad on July 07, 2011, 03:12:42 PM

Chuck ,

We've moved out of the tent and we are living in the cowshed now .

nick

Question is does it have a roof yet???

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Frederic Testard

Great to see the builders. I think these were creatures coming from heaven or hell.
Awful to see mere humans are able to make such models... :)
Frederic Testard

shropshire lad

This'll wind you up , Frederic . Here is a selection of models by 4 members of this Forum .

The lorry and blue loco are by Bernard Snoodyk ( Narrowgauger).

The mobile crane ,Diorama base ,  mixer ,bits of road roller , skip wagon and white loco chassis behind skip are by Gordon .

The white critter and black Holt compressor are by Barney.

And the bits with vegetation are by moi .

And by the way , Barney is not human . He is a mutant from outer space and only eats cheese and onion rolls .

Nick 

jacq01

Nick,

are you trying to set up a large scale exhibition ?
   Good start. When is the next one ?

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Gordon Ferguson

"And by the way , Barney is not human . He is a mutant from outer space and only eats cheese and onion rolls "

Am beginning to think along similar lines as I have just found out just how many of the caterpillar/holt models ( all bar 2 being to 1/35 scale) he has built.................... 23 !!

I very much doubt if I have actually finished anywhere close to that number of models in my entire life.
Gordon

Barney

I love cheese and onion cobs and then cleanse the system with a pint of real ale.
The theory being - now think about this one " wipe the top of your cooker with any type of alcohol it really cleans it "
Barney
PS .Am I in the right department ? you soon find out who your friends are after a cheese and onion cob and pint of alcohol.

shropshire lad

Quote from: Barney on July 08, 2011, 12:55:07 PM
I love cheese and onion cobs and then cleanse the system with a pint of real ale.
The theory being - now think about this one " wipe the top of your cooker with any type of alcohol it really cleans it "
Barney
PS .Am I in the right department ? you soon find out who your friends are after a cheese and onion cob and pint of alcohol.

We only like you because we're after your Holts !

Nick

Junior

That´s some excellent models by all of you guys! Is there a picture of what seems to be a quite large diorama in the background ????

Anders  ;D

Gordon Ferguson

Hi Anders,

that one is Nick's ........... details in this thread
http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=489.0
Gordon

eTraxx

Shorpy - Hop In: 1919. As usual a great photo. I zoomed in .. love the name of the sign shop

http://www.shorpy.com/node/10771
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"