• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eTraxx

Interesting what you find right close. This is about 15 mi from my house. Talk about weathered! Any idea what the heck it was?

More on PhotoBucket

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

eTraxx

I pulled one of the photos into Sketchup and did a Photo Match. It's not a very large structure. I had 'guesstamated' it about 8' .. based on the spacing of the rafters. I scaled the thing by eye when I Photo Matched it .. and left it along since the door came out right at 2'-6" in width.. There's a Shed contest on the Shortline Modelers Lounge .. think I will build this for t
Ed Traxler

RoughboyModelworks

I think your guess on FB is probably close to the mark... a drying or curing shed, possibly tobacco or something similar... Does look like a model with heavy-handed weathering though...

Paul

gin sot

That looks like a small version of your basic Carolina 'backer barn for flue-curing bright leaf.  

Dunno about the Palmetto State, but in North Carolina there were numerous local variations on the theme.  At one time you could pretty much tell what county you were in by the configuration of shed roofs attached to the barns.

gnichols

World's small est engine house.  Gary

marc_reusser

nut...err....nuff said.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

eTraxx

Ed Traxler

Frederic Testard

And, a few links away from Ed's :

Frederic Testard

eTraxx

You know those tank models? The ones showing a burned out tank? .. then .. there's this ..
http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=223302&page=3
Ed Traxler

granitechops

For those into roadside store fronts take a look at some of the photos on this site
the banana museum, Washington

http://www.bananamuseum.com/
Don in sunny Devon, England

gin sot

Quote from: eTraxx on December 02, 2010, 08:28:17 AM
This was posted on the Railroad Line Forum ..

http://www.liveleak.com/e/07b_1284580365

:o  That helmet cam is great for inducing vertigo. 

RoughboyModelworks

I have the suspicion that alcohol or some other controlled substance contributed to the concept phase of this construction...

granitechops

Quote from: Roughboy on December 06, 2010, 08:10:05 PM
I have the suspicion that alcohol or some other controlled substance contributed to the concept phase of this construction...

Now that would make more sense if it had flanged wheels
but as it is I cant see any means of steering

granitechops

Any way its -4 C, its been foggy overnight
& I have just been out in the garden

pic 1 spiders web
pic 2 manspun web

marc_reusser

QuoteI have the suspicion that alcohol or some other controlled substance contributed to the concept phase of this construction...

Why do the words "the south" and "dweller of a home with wheels" come to mind when I see this? ;D

Marc   "paddle faster, I hear banjos"
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works