• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NORCALLOGGER

Now that is an interesting ditcher!
Doesn't look like it would be much better than a shovel gang for getting work done.
Rick

RoughboyModelworks

For all you Fordson lovers, here's the Armstrong Snow Motor...

Not to be undone, the RCMP evidently experimented with a similar concept...

Paul

eTraxx

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

DaKra

I love these small western river stern wheelers

RoughboyModelworks

Beautiful shot Dave... thanks for posting. I found some information on this vessel. It was evidently built in 1901 by Arthur Ellingson in Coquille, OR, 76 tons, 66' long. Disposition of the vessel is unknown, but it's suspected that it was abandoned ca 1911. This same picture shows up on The Dave Thomson Collection site.

Paul

Ray Dunakin

Is it actually afloat in that photo? The hull looks rotted at the waterline.

I like the small delivery wagon too.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

gin sot

Speaking of small steamboats, I've always been partial to this image:

Here we have an inboard-wheel steamer of unique vernacular design, a railroad station-cum-boat dock complete with mansard roof and fancy ironwork, several homemade bateaux, moss-draped cypress, picturesque individuals of varying social strata, and (for the Sellios fans) a roof on the verge of falling off a shed for no apparent reason.

Gordon Ferguson

Thanks for posting this and the links to the www.steamboats.com/museum/davetoldboatphotos I love any pictures details of old working boats and this has given me an area to explore that I knew nothing about.

Noticed one picture in the WikipediA link on wrecks that reminded me of an unfinished project that was being built on this forum ;)
Gordon

finescalerr

See, Marc? We all have long memories. Except for me, who fears Alzheimer's might someday do me in. -- Russ

jacq01

Even for girls in bikini thongs....... ;D ;D ;D ;D
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

DaKra

Yes, that's the website where I found the photo.  I have another photo of Echo in an old kiddie picture book on paddle wheelers.   Ray, it is for sure afloat, the paint is dirty, chipped and worn.  Exactly what you would expect on a boat of this type.  One of these small working boats, and a NYC harbor steam tug, are on my short list of models to build next year.   

Shorpy has a number of crystal clear riverboat photos from glass plate negatives. 

Dave

eTraxx

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

RoughboyModelworks

Holy Crap is right Ed... some very funny stuff there to make all the PCers cringe... ;D

Paul

Ray Dunakin

I've seen a few of those ads before but most are new to me. Good lord, the attitudes displayed in them are just appalling! Very funny, in a "Springtime For Hitler" sort of way.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

okiecrip

gary wise