• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chester

RoughboyModelworks

Here are a few shots from the 15th Annual North Fork Mountain Classic Car Show today, cars, motorcycles and whatnot. I took a lot of photos which I'll be publishing on the Roughboy blog in a week or so. In the process of completely rebuilding the blog, all the photos have to be resized and so on, so it's going to take another week to work through all of it.

8|15|10 Update: Sorry guys for the slow load times... I forgot to reduce the photo size, should be faster now.

First two shots are a 1917 Model T... not exactly what you'd call a resto mod, but fun and popular none the less. He actually drove the thing in. Plug wires are pieces of old barbed wire...

The still doesn't work (more's the pity) but it's a fun touch... he left off the antlers tho...

Couple of very nice Indians...

Following were my favs from the show...

And then in the whatnot category, we have these... more examples of what you can do with a weedwhacker engine...

Paul

jacq01

Paul,

that last one. 8)...bare essentials.  ;D ;D

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

finescalerr

Craig, I removed your post as an inappropriate response.

This is not a truly open forum and so freedom of speech is not without limits. That's because I pay for the site so we play by my rules. In other words, when it comes to determining acceptable vs. unacceptable here, I am God.

Please feel free to post again in a more gentlemanly manner.

Russ

Craig_H

Paul,  Nice pictures ;D ;D ;D ;D      Craig

finescalerr

Well, you don't have to be THAT politically correct! -- Russ

mabloodhound

I really enjoyed the Indian motorcycles.   My first was a 1946 Indian Chief, former Springfield PD bike.   Very fast for a big bike.
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

RoughboyModelworks

Quote from: mabloodhound on August 17, 2010, 07:35:31 AM
My first was a 1946 Indian Chief, former Springfield PD bike. 
Very cool Dave... do you still have it?

Paul

Craig_H

OPP'S

james_coldicott

Craig,

love these photo's- there's a diorama to be had there for somebody...

Here are a couple of my own from my trip to and from the Narrow Gauge Convention. Went to Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome where, amongst the vintage aircraft, these motorcycles were on display. So... for the bikers amongst us... enjoy!

James

Craig_H

James,   I like the photos of the old motorcycles ;) would love to own a old indian 4 cly.   Craig

RoughboyModelworks

Cool bikes James... thanks for posting the photos. Don't know if you're aware of the work of Jeff Decker, artist/sculptor, but you may find his site of interest.

Paul

JohnP

Craig, I like how there are spectators all around including kids between the tow trucks. Does that show less common sense or more than these days? Was it that they knew to move when the pull started and there were no lawyers waiting in their Mercedes with the Blackberry ready, or were they carelessly ignorant??

All the tags on the front of the truck are cool. And the tow truck has a great grill that needs to be modeled.

John
John Palecki

james_coldicott

Paul, Craig,

glad you liked the photo's. Thanks for the link to Jeff Decker- I wasn't familiar with his work but have bookmarked his site. His work combines lots of elements of sculpture and artistry that I really find inspiring.

James

RoughboyModelworks

Assassin of Youth... not going to say who this one is for, but you know who you are  ;). Another Shorpy find, photo from 1938 by John Vachon for the Resettlement Administration. I like the idea of the travelling sandwich board on the back of the truck.

Paul