• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig_H

Paul,       Heres a cool one.......i dont know if i posted this one before.          Craig

RoughboyModelworks

Quote from: Craig_H on July 17, 2010, 06:56:13 PM
Paul,     Chicken shooter.....not as cool as i thought it would be :(             Craig
Yeah, the video is a little disappointing. Seems to me you could do better just throwing the damn things... ;D Maybe part of the problem is the video itself, it's not very good. I was hoping for some clearer shots of how the thing works. Still fun though...

Paul

RoughboyModelworks

Quote from: Craig_H on July 17, 2010, 07:09:53 PM
Paul,       Heres a cool one.......i dont know if i posted this one before.          Craig
Great photos Craig... that Henderson is a thing of beauty. Thanks for posting. There are some photos on my blog of a 1/6 scale model of a 1920 Henderson K by Pere Tarragó. I posted a couple of them here some time back, but they're always worth another look... outstanding work.

Paul

eTraxx

This is a link to color photos taken 1939-1943. Some of them I have seen before .. some posted here .. magnificant.

Captured: American in Color from 1939-1943
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

RoughboyModelworks

Good link Ed... thanks for posting. Lots of good material there with some old familiar chestnuts.

Paul

marc_reusser

Rails, Surfing & Bikinis!
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Carlo

Here's an ancient Harley converted to a mine loco!

For details see the following page.
http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=323

Carlo

Carlo

I should have credited my source for the Davis Mine "Loco", the 7/8ths List. Sorry if I offended anyone. Here's another pic... Carlo

marc_reusser

I found Dave Braun!
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Craig_H

I like that mine loco.....converted from a Harley ;) ;D

RoughboyModelworks

Interesting mine loco Carlo, tho I'm not convinced it was made from a Harley. It's a little hard to tell from the photo, but it appears to have two cylinders side by side. Apart from one failed horizontal-cylinder experiment akin to BMWs, Harley's two cylinder engines have been V-Twin designs. Their single cylinder power plants were much smaller and more rudimentary. Would like to see larger photos if you have them...

Paul

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Malachi Constant

Hmm ... looks like the only way to model "too many" signs realistically is to have WAY too many!
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

chester

Some summer fun at a local boat ramp.

mabloodhound

Quote from: Roughboy on July 29, 2010, 08:19:55 PM
............... I'm not convinced it was made from a Harley. It's a little hard to tell from the photo............
Paul

If you go to the link Carlo posted you'll see all about it including: "The Davis Motor Mine Cart was discovered in 1990 in an abandon gold mine located in Northern California. Used for pulling wagons of ore out of an underground mine on narrow guage track, it utilized much of the 21 cubic inch, 80 mile-per-gallon Harley-Davidson motorcycle.  This rare, one-of-a-kind machine also features all-wheel drive and electric start, a trait not acquired by Harley-Davidson motorcycles for another 40 years."
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower