• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

...here's the other.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Scratchman

marklayton

There's a video of an old Jaeger mixing cement posted on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk6b_ZnBkXg&feature=related

Mark
He who dies with the most tools wins.

Chuck Doan

Gotta love all those exposed gears! I recently saw an old Maytag washer run by an old hit n miss engine; not sure what was more dangerous, the wringer or the exposed gear rack that agitated the drum!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

mobilgas

I like the sound of them old Hit & Miss engines ;)     Craig

mabloodhound

Chester's photo of the concrete mixer got me to doing a little research.
I didn't know there were so many makers of concrete mixers.
Now this one is similar but not sure if the same company made Chester's.
Packard http://books.google.com/books?id=Pa_mAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA54&lpg=PA54&dq=packard+mixer+concrete&source=bl&ots=LebEQE5JYo&sig=_5EWUU7ulwlrZBnzSwMrZgy8VHg&hl=en&ei=MvHZS-WqCML78Ab_wohg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CA0Q6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=packard%20mixer%20concrete&f=false
on page 55 or just down a bit the Smith mixerette.   Or maybe something entirely different.
Now Chester, you've just gotta' go back and read the label on that mixer frame. ;)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

chester

Referring to it as a one lunger is a giveaway to your N.E. roots Dave. I could not find any indication as to what the manufacturers name was. The badging was too corroded to read.
Thanks everyone for the great photos and info (I knew Marc would have something), I would love to model this thing.

marc_reusser

Nash and Greenberg once did an article in the Gazette, on building one sim to it in 1/48 scale.

MR

M-Works

RoughboyModelworks

Last October I published some photos here of a cement mixer on the back of a mid-30s Ford truck: http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=524.msg7418#msg7418 

These images are scanned from prints of photos I took in 1972 or 73 so the colour has shifted some and they are a little fuzzy. Always thought this would be an interesting model. Unfortunately I didn't get enough photos as the truck was on private property. I had to climb a fence to get to it and didn't want to get run off, so didn't stay long.

Paul

marc_reusser

Here's a nice cluttery pic, with the "wrong side" of a Shay.

Pickering Lumber Co. #3 in yard.

M-Works

marc_reusser

Quote from: Roughboy on May 02, 2010, 05:45:38 PM

These images are scanned from prints of photos I took in 1972 or 73 so....
Paul

Paul,

I must have missed that....that is so very cool.....any chance once you get settled in you could scan me those pics in a larger hig res versions, so I can try and work out some of the details?.....I have a GAZ/Ford build started here that would be just perfect for that.

Marc

M-Works

RoughboyModelworks

Will do Marc... if I remember correctly, I believe I have a couple additional shots of the mixer machinery. I'll do those as well...

Paul

mobilgas

Cement Mixer Kit O scale......one was done buy Don Winter years ago kit no. 163  orig price.   $26.95     Craig

RoughboyModelworks

Here's a punishing one for all the graphic designers in the crowd...

Paul -->heading back to permanent post in the corner-->

finescalerr

... And no peeking! -- Russ