• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james_coldicott

Hi All,

just found this photo along with others of the Tyra Sawmill in the Czech republic. Don't know if this website has been mentioned before as I'm relatively new to the forum but there is a huge collection of industrial photographs (and inspiration!) to be had here:-

http://www.hfinster.de/StahlArt/index.html

a small project but am going to have to model the wagon at the back of the photo- love the huge timber bolsters at each end that space the channel sideframes...

James

shropshire lad

James ,

Whether this website has been mentioned on this forum I couldn't say, but I am familiar with it having been linked to it from one of the German forums . The most interesting photos to me are the ones of the various cranes , in particular the cranes of the Mayen-Basalt quarry , one of which which I fancy building one day .

I also like the sawmill photo and the timber bolster wagons . So your's will  be done by Shepton Mallet then ? !

Nick

james_coldicott

Nick,

so many ideas, so little time... if you can finish a crane for shepton then I'll match it with a wagon!  ;)

See you there either way.

James

RoughboyModelworks

James:

Thanks for posting the link to the Harold Finster photos. He's an excellent photographer and I've been following his work for years. His photographs are an absolutely wonderful resource for industrial subjects.

That Tyra sawmill is a real beauty, just crying out to be modelled by one of our logging types....

Paul

RoughboyModelworks

How's this for a scratch-built car...

No to be outdone, here's a scratch-built motorcycle...

Paul

Ray Dunakin

I love that "scratch-built" car!! So much character - would make a great model! It looks like only a couple generations more advanced than the Flintstone's car.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

scrappy1

the car is cool but love that bike ,I would cruse around on that

marc_reusser

Well goes to show that Chinese farmers and Alabamans aren't that different.  ;D

MR
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Philip Smith

Quote from: Roughboy on January 29, 2010, 09:01:49 PM
How's this for a scratch-built car...

Paul
Cool.....Those were called one eyed buffalos in Korea. Note the headlight...... They were everywhere. The drivers were very dangerous as they would turn right in front of you with no warning.  Most had a trailer with cargo stacked 10 ' high.  :)

Philip   

mobilgas

Hey Paul,   You couldnt pay me enough money to get on that wooden 2 wheel piece of CRAP ???  Craig

RoughboyModelworks

Quote from: mobilgas on January 31, 2010, 12:11:22 PM
You couldnt pay me enough money to get on that wooden 2 wheel piece of CRAP ???  Craig

Me either Craig... looks like something dreamt up in after a few too many Buds...

Paul

shropshire lad

Quote from: james_coldicott on January 27, 2010, 12:21:13 PM
Nick,

so many ideas, so little time... if you can finish a crane for shepton then I'll match it with a wagon!  ;)

See you there either way.

James

No chance ! But I'll bring some stuff you might be interested to see  .

Nick

marc_reusser

S.S. Princess May wrecked on August 5, 1910

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

They should have posted a "NO PARKING ANY TIME" sign on the rocks. It might have helped .... -- Russ