• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Some Reference Photos of Decay

Started by marc_reusser, July 29, 2010, 11:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

A link to 2 pages of photos I took of some old and decaying workshops in Berlin. (I will definitely be using these as an example for my next building build).

http://public.fotki.com/mreusser/berlin-workshops/

MR
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Here are 2 pages of some old abandooned railyard buildings I took in Berlin.

http://public.fotki.com/mreusser/abandoned-rail-yard/

MR

M-Works

Frederic Testard

Very nice pictures, Marc. But why do you try to let us believe you went to Berlin to shoot them. Everybody in this forum knows perfectly well you've just shot one of Chuck's hidden models.
Frederic Testard

Malachi Constant

I suspect either:  (a) Marc really has been travelling to see Mr. Ackle ... or (b) he's gotten some secret photos from same ... cuz those look more like Marcel's models to me!   ;D
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

jacq01

Marc,

I am looking forward to your impressions of the rest of the cities you will visit.
   That first set looks like Nick's buildings, maybe the same architect ? ;)

have a good time. 
    Jacq

put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

marc_reusser

Here are 4 more pages of pics...just a bunch of misc. old stuff that caught my eye, some for modeling reference and some for work reference.

http://public.fotki.com/mreusser/misc-details-decay/

Dallas: unfortunately due to the schedule, I was unable to meet up with Jacq., Marcel, Marc Thielkas, and Nick......it was really too bad, hopefully next time.

Marc

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on July 30, 2010, 03:05:07 PM
Here are 4 more pages of pics...just a bunch of misc. old stuff that caught my eye, some for modeling reference and some for work reference.

http://public.fotki.com/mreusser/misc-details-decay/

Dallas: unfortunately due to the schedule, I was unable to meet up with Jacq., Marcel, Marc Thielkas, and Nick......it was really too bad, hopefully next time.

Marc

Bit of a waste of time and money coming over if you couldn't shedule a meeting with Jacq , Marcel or Marc . ( I don't count , because my schedule wouldn't have permitted me to meet either ) . In fact , I don't know why you bothered making the trip at all !

If you come back to Blighty in November you'll be able to meet Jacq , Marcel and myself all at the same time as they are both bringing their layouts to Warley this year . This will make it worth the bother for me to make the one and a half hour trip to the show and worth the effort of fighting through hundreds of sweaty people to see them .

Nick 

shropshire lad

Oh by the way , good photos . Lots of useful images to use as reference .

I'm glad to see I'm not the only idiot who takes pictures of cobbled streets !

Nick

Gordon Ferguson

But you don't include your feet or have your shadow over the best bits ;D

Anyway thanks for the photos Marc, very useful.
Gordon

shropshire lad

Here are a couple more from my trip to Germany earlier in the month .

Nick

shropshire lad

Gordon ,

The shadow was put there for reference purposes . To get an idea of scale !

Nick

Gordon Ferguson

Nick,

that is interesting and would make a fun little model ;)

I'm presuming it is some form of compressor, built on a cut down skip frame?

Any more pics?
Gordon

shropshire lad

shropshire lad

What ? Oh , you want me to post them ?

Well , all right , here are three more .

Nick

shropshire lad

It is indeed a compressor built , if I remember what I was told correctly, in about 1936 in Dusseldorf .