• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Woolwich beast

Started by Les Tindall, June 14, 2020, 12:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les Tindall

Ray Dunakin

Beautiful work! I really like that color.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Les Tindall

Finished. Now starting work on the low-loader to carry it.
Les

Les Tindall

Sorry forgot the photo

Les Tindall

Wasn't happy wit the photo against a whiter background, so here is another (though had to reduce the resolution quite a lot for it to load onto the forum)
Les

Ray Dunakin

I love it! What a cool, unusual looking loco, and you did a fine job on it!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

I'm with Ray; most satisfactory.

If you photograph it again, use more light. For example, shoot it outdoors or on a table right next to a window (but don't also use a lamp if you do that).

Russ

Les Tindall

Russ, if I photo it outside I will probably get comments from the neighbours such as " its that wierdo taking pictures of bits of plastic". 
Seriously though, thanks for the advice, I've done the photos outside n the past so should restart doing it again.
Les

Bill Gill

Les, I doubt they'd recognize any of that as plastic :)
It came out very nice! Kike Ray said, good color, good work.

Bernhard

Good job, Les. I always find those bizarre technical solutions fascinating.

Bernhard

finescalerr

To protect you from your neighbors' prying eyes and petty comments, I have cleaned up your photo digitally so we better may appreciate the model. -- Russ

Barney

Another fine job Les and a most unusual loco it makes a change from the "norm black locos" looking forward to the low-loader now or is it just the beginning for another headache still its worth a slight banging in the head - nothing a swift liquid or two don't cure - if the end result ends up with models on this Forum that continue to such high standards .
Barney

e.g Swift liquids = a glass of water ! 
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Les Tindall

Thanks Russ, the only cleaning I do needs a mop and bucket!  I noticed that one of the levers connected to the clutch plate had come adrift, now fixed.
Barney the low loader is coming together very nicely, no headaches (so far).  I'll post it when completed.
Les