• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Russian ChTZ S-65 Tractor

Started by marc_reusser, March 12, 2012, 02:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

QuoteHonest it like a lot of things you imagine in life, in reality its not that bad...

Gordon is lying.....they are about as much fun and painless to do as a daily root canal, while getting a prostate exam......both of which I find preferrable to having to build the second of the track-sets I still have to do.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

chester

Quote from: marc_reusser on November 22, 2012, 04:09:17 AM
QuoteHonest it like a lot of things you imagine in life, in reality its not that bad...

Gordon is lying.....they are about as much fun and painless to do as a daily root canal, while getting a prostate exam......both of which I find preferrable to having to build the second of the track-sets I still have to do.

And yet, you will.

Gordon Ferguson

Ah the snap of the rubber glove ;DReminds me of a certain trip via Customs

Well lets ignore my hurt feelings over the slur on my integrity, your comment Marc implies that you have already completed one set ............... So can we see how far along you are with it !
Gordon

W.P. Rayner

Quote from: marc_reusser on November 22, 2012, 04:09:17 AM
they are about as much fun and painless to do as a daily root canal, while getting a prostate exam......

The dentist/proctologist combination is a medical office to be avoided at all costs...

Paul

marc_reusser

Quote from: gfadvance on November 22, 2012, 07:49:46 AM
Well lets ignore my hurt feelings over the slur on my integrity, your comment Marc implies that you have already completed one set ............... So can we see how far along you are with it !

Sure mock me, when you know darn well that I am up to my privates in boat hull building...the CHTZ is no further than it was 6 mo. ago.....interestingly, neither is the paint work on your 1/24 crawler.   :P ;D ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

Touché

But it is an old photo  ;)
Gordon

Andi Little

Just picked this up again after some considerable time - posting mainly to prove I is builded the tracks too!
Not too bad actually - just a case of organising ones-self, I built with the liquid Revell glue ... and in a sort of staggered assembly line fashion so that the previous point of assembly had had time to go off: making it easier to build in the hand [always my preferred method as I always get jigs and things wrong].

Anyway - and by way of proof ...........

Ooops - sorry - this is the one you wanted.

This whole way of building is a bit new to me so I'm struggling to get things built in the right order for the particular paint effect that I'm trying to emulate - s'ard innit?

Still struggling to come up with a suitable colour topcoat - trying to get the front seat out of an old "Jag" to fit out back and I'm not so sure a flathead V8 is a suitable engine replacement?? - looks a bit toooo Hotroddy!
Anyhoo - just thought I'd let you know that neither me nor the model had flat-lined - [yet]!
KBO..................... Andi.

Gordon Ferguson

Looking good Andi, glad to see you are finding some bench time.

Can't remember if we have discusussed this before but engine wise how about the 6 cylinder job out the Chevrolet Pickup ....... Think Revell  are now producing it, it's a really nice detailed engine
Gordon

finescalerr

I predict the model will look very good when you complete it. Looks fine so far. -- Russ