• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

woolacombe layout at 7/8 th scale

Started by franckcombe, October 02, 2012, 11:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franckcombe

I will show the Woolacombe Bay layout at The London Festival of Railway Modelling (22 - 23 March 2014) , address: Alexandra Palace, London, N22 7AY.

I will be pleased to meet others 7/8 th scale modelers and share a drink.

franckcombe

The woolacombe bay at Alexandra Palace.

It was my first show in this place. The organization was quite good.  There was many interesting layout including a marvellous us one at  fn3 scale, manies excellent ideas for inspiration and copy !

I enjoyed also to met for the second time the dream team of brm : Andy, Howard Richard and Phill.

I do also shopping but for our scale nearly nothing exist (It's mainly a show for oo and o gauge)

franckcombe

I add a new loco to my layout : a Ruston. It's not completly finish and paint. A Lister and and Ransom and Rapier will follow.

Ray Dunakin

Cool! Looks very good. Is it scratch, or what?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

franckcombe

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on May 31, 2014, 08:17:41 PM
Cool! Looks very good. Is it scratch, or what?

It is a kit from an English craftsman and the motorization is from my friend jean-pierre.

LesTindall

A lovely looking engine from IP Engineering.  (no I'm nothing to do with the manufacturer).
Les

franckcombe

Quote from: LesTindall on June 01, 2014, 01:56:04 PM
A lovely looking engine from IP Engineering.  (no I'm nothing to do with the manufacturer).
Les

I bought it a second hand kit before Ip engeneering buy the kit and modify it

franckcombe

I just finished the loco. The photos are too exposed but it's my fault.

Here the result :

finescalerr

Might be your nicest loco to date. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

franckcombe

I'm testing new sound for loco with zimo dcc sound.

For those who want to see the layout in flesh, For the end of 2014 and until mid 2015 I will do some exhibitions in Europa :

13  14 september  2014 à Gennevilliers in France

8  9 november 2014  at  Expo-Trains at  Luxembourg

10th & 11th January 2015 St Albans model railway exhibition (London)

20-21 mars 2015 Linter (Belgium)

19/20/21 june Great Central Railway (Leceister UK)

Then I will sale my layout and I will run  on exhibitions my new layout from Norway theme.

franckcombe

finescalerr

franckcombe

I will exhibit the 10th & 11th January 2015 at  St Albans model railway exhibition (London). Si I need to have more typical british locomotive to show. I have to paint my lister.

I have also a new project. On Rumanian narrow gauge there are plenty rail trucks or rail cars like that

It's plenty of atmosphere. The germans  done it also with combi VW. So I decided that I need also to have mine. I doodle between combi, austin mini, ...

But there is always prototype that exists so I did some reaserch and I found this

In fact Canadian national did 5 cars like that for inspection car. So if Canadians did that, I could do it  for my narrow gauge.

This is my unfinished version with HLW motor, esu decoder. I need to paint it, weather it a little, add sticker on it, a surfbord because it will be the rail car of the local surf club (Woolacombe bay is famous for surfing)

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World