• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photos of Inspiring Models by Others

Started by marc_reusser, June 13, 2012, 10:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danpickard

Nice share Nick!

See we have a new front page as well...I needed some new reading material, thanks Russ :)

Cheers,
Dan

finescalerr

Thanks. All the paper books are en route and the digital books should be online soon.

Also, my web guy now has a ton of back issues, one from as early as 1998, to make available for download.

Russ

danpickard

Hi all,
Sorry this is a bit off topic from the thread, but related to a previous posting, sort of.  This might sound like a dumb question, but as someone who DOESN'T own an iPad, and likes my PC, can I read digital downloaded books that come as the "iPad version" on that PC? 

The Annuals here available as downloads are PDF's, so work ok (or should, I haven't had to download since I have all those books from previously).  This came from checking out the AK Interactive Weathering Magazine that is due for digital release in September, but says it is an iPad version.  Thought best to ask early, rather than miss out on the print version of the book if thats the only way I can read it.

Cheers,
Dan

Krusty

Dan

It depends what format they use for the digital version. If it's an iOS or Android app you'll only be able to read it on a device running the relevant OS. If it uses Zinio it'll be readable on just about anything (if you can put up with Zinio's crappy interface). If it uses Pocketmags it should be readable on anything, but possibly only online and only for as long as you keep your subscription paid up (although that seems to be changing for some publications now).
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

Marc988

Guy Milh(imeter)

I'm a big fan of Ichiyoh Haga: here is a nice video about his work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2LAxfiDY6U&feature=youtu.be (scale 1:12)