• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Is There Anybody There

Started by Barney, February 18, 2012, 09:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on February 22, 2012, 03:14:34 PM
Will you guys -- many of whom I thought were not doing anything but actually are -- please contact me about articles? The hopper is empty. Industrial railroad stuff, narrow gauge stuff, and models or dioramas in general all are welcome.

I have virtually nothing for the 2013 and absolutely nothing for the 2014 Industrial Annual. I have about half of what I need for the upcoming NG Annual and nothing for the next two years. The 2012 Modelers' Annual is about half stocked, too, with nothing remaining for 2013 and beyond.

You do not have to write a word but you do have to send publication quality photos, something any of us can do with little effort (see the sticky on how to take photos). I'll do the rest.

Russ

So are the Great Unwashed of America who read your annuals ready for a flying ship moored up to a floating island in space , or will their heads explode at the mere thought of it ? With not a set of antlers in sight (but there are some chains involved) ,

Nick

finescalerr

The Great Unwashed of America do not read my rag. Only the Washed Erudite Minuscule Minority. The latter may indeed be frothing for information about your flying ship, or at least how you painted it. As usual, no rush. It's Modelers' Annual material, the only book I expect may remain in publication after 2014, when its content will become even more eclectic. -- Russ

marc_reusser

In progress. Shhh!
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Andi Little

KBO..................... Andi.

JESTER

Chuck Doan

In progress...good words to hear! Looks great.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

chester

Like Ray (please pass on best wishes for a speedy and full recovery to your wife), I have had a family tragedy that I won't burden any with but suffice it to say that I have been preoccupied for the last several months and modeling has taken a back seat. I sorely miss it and hope to be able to show a project or two very soon. Just wanted you all to know I am still around and kicking.
Marc, great looking tool box, I should get some photos of one on the back of one of my guys' truck for you. It's very similar in condition.

Chuck Doan

Chester, I am glad to see you posting again. Welcome back.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Malachi Constant

Marc seems to be giving a great deal of attention to a truck that somebody else completely neglected!  :)  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

finescalerr

Ho-hum, Marc, yet another superlative sub-assembly. How mundane.

Chester, best wishes to your wife and welcome back.

Russ

lab-dad

Marc,
Was gonna say this about the bumper.
But now I see this and it reminds me.......
Needs dents
Marty

marc_reusser

Quote from: lab-dad on February 29, 2012, 01:49:18 PM
Marc,
Was gonna say this about the bumper.
But now I see this and it reminds me.......
Needs dents
Marty

Maybe next time. None of the reference pieces/photos I am using. Have dents...other than really small ones  that are not readily visible amongst the rust and scratches, and would not show at all on this scale of model.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Marc, awesome work!

Chester, welcome back. Best wishes to you and your family.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Junior

Great to see you back Chester! Hope some time at the work table will help. Would be great to see more pictures of current projects from among others GF Advance and BKLN.

Anders

mabloodhound

Chester, surely will look for you next endeavor.   Missed you at the Springfield show and learned of the tragic event.   Will also look for something new on your blog.
8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower