• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Is There Anybody There

Started by Barney, February 18, 2012, 09:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacq01

My mind isn't set for modelling at the present.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

marc_reusser

I'm still ou there....just swamped with real work so almost no bench time....and when I do get there, it's for a project I desperately need to finish.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Wow, Marc, that bumper looks good!  No, wait ... I mean it looks like a really good rendition of a crappy looking bumper.  ;D

Well, I've posted progress within the last week ... then ran a promotion on my website, and now I'm super busy at work again (which is a good thing) ... meanwhile, making more corbels and doing a few little bits here and there ...

Will watch for everybody else's updates ... and post mine when there's something to show!  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

lab-dad

Wondered where marc had been!
Looking forward to the "secret" project when done.
Peel the edges of that edebrock decal.
;)
Mj

Ray Dunakin

Apparently Marc's secret project is a device for shrinking old truck parts down to model size.   ;)

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Gordon Ferguson

OK Barney, guilty ....as you know ............ of not finishing anything recently.

Although been practicing my painting, as obviously Marc has as well !
Gordon

finescalerr

Marc: Superb.

Gordon: Catching up to Marc.

Thanks to everyone for the progress shots.

Russ

Chuck Doan

More slow siding progress on the right side. Too much work going on these days for much more.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Malachi Constant

Well, we may not get daily or even weekly updates on the various projects going on around here ... but it's always worth the wait!  -- Dallas

Barney

Afternoon all out there -I know you were always there and the photos of projects and comments prove it  - I think we are all in the same boat - time and inspiration is not on our side at the moment but I'm sure it will return. But still whats wrong with a bit of "Armchair archive thoughts" its what makes the world go round and lets face it the world around us still seems in a bit of a mess. Speaking to 2 model shop owners last week both said there sales were down by 50% - sign of the times I suppose .But still nice to hear from you all and I shall continue sorting my LEGO BLOCK stock out ! and Ray I can assure you and I hope I speak for all of us our Thoughts and Hope is with you.
Barney

pwranta193

Intersecting curves:

Just lost my work room to a teenage daughter... the girls are both now old enough that it was time to give them their own rooms and haven't worked up the energy to re-fit the garage during the grey months.

Work has me traveling more than before... making focused project time hard when combined with the above...

Really trying to get my drill press to market - along with trying to get a small web site up and running, and able to peddle goods  ::)

All problems that many of you are familiar with - along with all of the other facets of real life  ;D - so not excuses, so much as call outs.  The funny part is that this used to be my modeling high season...

I'm keeping my sanity by watching the rest of you.  Thanks Ken  ;D
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

BKLN

Slow but steady work here. I have spent most of my rare bench time on "Hot Bird", another ugly but notable landmark in Brooklyn. Here are two quick phone camera shots of the scratchbuilt dumpster in the empty lot next to it.

Malachi Constant

Is that where the last of the famous Nacirema tribe are buried?  Great scene ... suitable resting place!  ;)  -- Dallas

BKLN

Ha, Dallas - I didn't even get that! The dumpster is actually in most of my reference pictures for the building. (I will post more about the structure in separate thread). It's seems that it is a bigger company from NJ.

But now that I read up on NACIREMA, it puts a nice little mystery touch to my diorama. Thanks for the hint!

finescalerr

Will you guys -- many of whom I thought were not doing anything but actually are -- please contact me about articles? The hopper is empty. Industrial railroad stuff, narrow gauge stuff, and models or dioramas in general all are welcome.

I have virtually nothing for the 2013 and absolutely nothing for the 2014 Industrial Annual. I have about half of what I need for the upcoming NG Annual and nothing for the next two years. The 2012 Modelers' Annual is about half stocked, too, with nothing remaining for 2013 and beyond.

You do not have to write a word but you do have to send publication quality photos, something any of us can do with little effort (see the sticky on how to take photos). I'll do the rest.

Russ