• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Wonderful New Fish Kit by Michael Fichtenmayer

Started by marc_reusser, August 24, 2010, 01:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FichtenFoo

Thanks! The Dampfrich suit you mentioned was done in 1/20 so not the same scale unfortunately. I might remaster a smaller version though at some point to go with the fish and my future planned subs. Shouldn't be too difficult really at the smaller scale. The large one was easy enough to scratch. Not sure how hollow I'd make the small one though. Maybe just enough to fit a figure bust inside.

Marc, I may be able to hook you up with a spare head from the initial sample casts I received the other day. I think that would be the only solid part you'd need if you're doing the rest as a frame.
Chicks dig giant robots.

Philip Smith

marc_reusser

Michael,

Thanks for the offer. I actually do need to use the entire sub..some of the body parts around the head and con would be used...the rest of the body would get sliced into strips, so that I can use the resulting cross sections as a template for the rib shapes  (how many ribs is the question....stay true to the original plate/rivet lines you have, or add in an extra here and there...). 

I don't think I would use PAP for the ribs, too large of pieces (cost-wise), I would  likely scan the section cuts, import them into CAD, draw the ribs in 2D, print them, mount them on styrene sheet, and cut them out. Flanges and gussets then made from strip styrene.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

Do you plan to do this before or after your finish the sunken ship diorama, the decaying caboose, a couple of industrial locos, the rolling stock you started, and the scene where you want to use cardstock to create a stone wall?

No big deal; just curious ....

ssuR

(But I suspect Nick would be interested in your answer, too ....)

marc_reusser

Hmmmmmm....it all depends on when I finish the sand trapped space suit, the waste spreader car, the horse drawn 1/2 VW, the two 1920's trucks, the 3 steel side tip cars, the abandoned sugar cane loco, the 20' sugar cane car, the Molino Timber Co. Car, the 28' logging flat, the farm workers shed, the Tiger tank, the R35 observation tank, the 38t tank, the wooden hopper, the abandoned ford/Gaz truck, the KV-1, 6-logging disconnects, the improvised armored railcar, and the Jagdtpanzer IV-A (L70).......there may be more, but I would have to actually open the drawers and cabinets.....and that is not even counting the ton of small bits and pieces I have going as "boredom relief" from serious modeling. ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Frederic Testard

Frederic Testard

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on September 22, 2010, 01:36:40 AM
Do you plan to do this before or after your finish the sunken ship diorama, the decaying caboose, a couple of industrial locos, the rolling stock you started, and the scene where you want to use cardstock to create a stone wall?

No big deal; just curious ....

ssuR

(But I suspect Nick would be interested in your answer, too ....)

Don't bring me into this .

Still , it makes my pile of unfinished projects look reasonable ,

Nick

Frederic Testard

Yeah, this is really the forum of the elite. Even our pile is higher than everywhere else.
Frederic Testard

Craig_H

WOW :o  I thought i had to many unfinished projects......Well one project i scraped got tired of looking at it sitting around for years... The Mobil gas station needed up dating anyways ??? So have parts and pieces from the gas station sitting around that i started but never finished......2 spark plug cleaners....oilrack....Big Gas Sign....pop machine....engine tester.....gas pump....plus a couple more stashed somewere?? im catching up to Marc ;)  [Picture of scraped station >:(]      Craig

finescalerr

Un-scrap it and finish it. Good start. -- Russ

FichtenFoo

I was going to have kits in hand today and start shipping tomorrow... Slight change in plans... my caster said the clear parts weren't up to spec so he's redoing the molds/casts. I want to ship out the best possible product, (and I'm sure you guys appreciate that) so I'm willing to wait a little longer. We're looking at a Nov 1 parts delivery. I'll keep you posted.
Chicks dig giant robots.

JohnP

I've contacted Fitchenfoo's etcher ParaGrafix about doing certain bridge parts for my next kit. Seems like he'll be reasonable and clear to deal with. I'll share when I get there in a month or two. I like this forum because of the new info and sources that can be had for the asking or reading.

John
John Palecki

FichtenFoo

I GOT SUBS!!!

Paid US orders are being picked up by the USPS on Wed and International orders are being collected and shipped as well. If you're on the first 32 kit list and are not in the US, check your email!
Chicks dig giant robots.

RoughboyModelworks

Very cool Michael... looking forward to it.

Paul

shropshire lad

Quote from: FichtenFoo on October 25, 2010, 08:03:40 PM
I GOT SUBS!!!

Paid US orders are being picked up by the USPS on Wed and International orders are being collected and shipped as well. If you're on the first 32 kit list and are not in the US, check your email!

Michael ,

How about the second 32 kit list ? Do you have projected time when they might be delivered ? Sorry to sound impatient but I'm looking forward to receiving one with great anticipation ,

Nick